headlight beam adjustment

Brittany and Parker Colorado in summer time
Bike
ST 1100
STOC #
Can any one tell me if there is a separate ST1100 headlight unit for the USA/European, or UK bikes.?. [RH/LH drive side]

I have Just changed my Headlight unit on my bike in France because it was cracked [that i purchased from the local Honda bike shop many years ago as i was moving from the UK] for the original headlight unit. The Cracked glass was removed [ with great difficulty, good putty sealant]and i find that there seems to be plenty of screws for adjustment to make the Headlight beam cast both to the left or right, in fact i have never seen a more adjustable light fitting.

John OoSTerhuis

Life Is Good!
Bike
1991 SSMST1100
STOC #
Yes, Brian. There are at least three different versions of ST1100 headlight modules -- UK, Euro, and USA. The USA version has an "antenuator" above the left reflector to satisfy some DOT spec, which limits its functionality. It can be removed with great difficulty. John Parker documented how to do that (link available if I'm on my desktop). I installed a Euro version instead for better illumination. And yes, there are adjustment screws on the modules for both reflectors. John's webpage(s) describe their use.

Regards, John

via iPhone 4S

Top Bottom