Picked up my New to me 2003 Honda ST1300A!

Bike
2003 ST1300
Hey Guys, I'm officially part of the club! This saturday that just passed I finalized the deal and had my 2003 Grey ST1300 with ABS delivered to my house.

My bike has some interesting accessories: Risers for the handle bars, a hardwired Garmin Zumo 660, Pan European Hard Back on the back, Honda Heated Grips, an extra wide windshield and some accessories that add extra wind protection on the mirror and other fender areas, and ABS.

The bike has 64,000 kms on it.. has new tires and just recently had a Fork Seal job done to it before selling.

Are there any riders in the GTA area? (Southern Ontario)??

Also, with my mileage at 64,000 I dont see anything more then 32,000km in the service manual.. what service intervals should I be following at this mileage rate?

The countdown to riding begins now... only .... 6 months to go!! Damn you winter...

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Hey Guys, I'm officially part of the club! This saturday that just passed I finalized the deal and had my 2003 Grey ST1300 with ABS delivered to my house.

My bike has some interesting accessories: Risers for the handle bars, a hardwired Garmin Zumo 660, Pan European Hard Back on the back, Honda Heated Grips, an extra wide windshield and some accessories that add extra wind protection on the mirror and other fender areas, and ABS.

The bike has 64,000 kms on it.. has new tires and just recently had a Fork Seal job done to it before selling.

Also, with my mileage at 64,000 I dont see anything more then 32,000km in the service manual.. what service intervals should I be following at this mileage rate?

The countdown to riding begins now... only .... 6 months to go!! Damn you winter...
After a certain point, you'll just adhere to intervals... you'll see where the oil is every 8k miles and you're just repeating that moving forward.

Slydynbye

Will ride for Pie
Bike
2000 ABSII
STOC #
I don't know how you can do it. 6 Months of sitting on the Bike in the garage making Vroom Vroom sounds.
I think you are gonna need a lot of Beer just so you don't get a sore throat.

OP
OP
Ricochet
Bike
2003 ST1300
I don't know how you can do it. 6 Months of sitting on the Bike in the garage making Vroom Vroom sounds.
I think you are gonna need a lot of Beer just so you don't get a sore throat.
It's not cool at all man, it sucks, and every winter I get depressed... if it isn't the cold, last night we had winds of 100KPH that actually tore down light poles, and knocked out power to my house for 6 hours... then the snow, ice and rain come.. its awful. I wish I could move to the US and enjoy more riding year round. Easier said then done. I've been doing my Visa application to move to the US for 12 years and still no end in sight.

Bike
2003 Honda ST1300
sounds like an awesome bike I have one outfitted about the same you will love it. It is good down to 20 degrees outfitted the way yours is. I am thinking of a road trip to canada this summer for vacation.

Bike
2014 FJR ES 2009 WEE
Congrats on the bike...sounds like a well-kept winner.....you could just become a snowbird like a lot of other Canadians and upper US people do.....I wonder how they keep track if you just fail to go back? :think1:....anyway I'm in the same boat, watching it snow and waiting for it to stop so I don't have to shovel twice.......if you were here I'd wish you happy thanksgiving, but you already had that last month............ff

OP
OP
Ricochet
Bike
2003 ST1300
Glad to hear you found a nice one. Now get out and enjoy it!!
I wish!! You guys in California crack me up with your year round riding and your consistent blue skies... Not like that here.. dark, grey, rainy, foggy and snowy for 6 months straight until spring...

OP
OP
Ricochet
Bike
2003 ST1300
Congrats on the new bike! As you know, these bikes are fantastic! :hat4:
I wish I knew! I haven't even taken it out for a ride yet. Bought it, had it delivered.. I have no idea how it rides.. not for another 6 months.

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
I wish I knew! I haven't even taken it out for a ride yet. Bought it, had it delivered.. I have no idea how it rides.. not for another 6 months.
Take my word on it!...It will make you take the LONG WAY AROUND, everytime! ;)

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
I wish!! You guys in California crack me up with your year round riding and your consistent blue skies... Not like that here.. dark, grey, rainy, foggy and snowy for 6 months straight until spring...
Oh my bad I just came in from doing yard work in the 82 degree sunshine!! Must be all that heat!! I need to hang Christmas lights now but it just don't seem right in this hot weather. And then after that I am going to take a ride on my ST. Sorry about your cold weather!! :D

MajorTom

QuickBlue
STOC #
Oh my bad I just came in from doing yard work in the 82 degree sunshine!! Must be all that heat!! I need to hang Christmas lights now but it just don't seem right in this hot weather. And then after that I am going to take a ride on my ST. Sorry about your cold weather!! :D
Thanks for being so understanding and sympathetic. :p:

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Thanks for being so understanding and sympathetic. :p:
Barry, got all that done and 100 miles on the ST to top off my day. It was starting to cool down when the sun went down on my ride saw 59. :cool:

Well we are suppose to see rain next week and we really need it bad as all the lakes are running dry. I hope you get some goodies installed on your ST over the winter.

"I wonder how they keep track if you just fail to go back? .... "

Obviously, from the number of folks coming into the U.S. from our Southern Border, they DON'T keep track, not care to do so. LOL!!

CYYJ

Michael
Bike
None any more.
STOC #
Yep - I live near Leslie and Steeles, and own a ST 1100 and a ST 1300. Let's connect sometime, send me a private message with your contact details.

The countdown to riding begins now... only .... 6 months to go!! Damn you winter... last night we had winds of 100KPH that actually tore down light poles, and knocked out power to my house for 6 hours... then the snow, ice and rain come.. its awful.
So? That was yesterday. Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow (Saturday) I ride from Toledo, Ohio to Toronto. In Toronto, you can still ride in the winter most of the time, provided the roads are dry and not covered with salt (salt corrodes the motorcycle something horrible, because Honda doesn't rustproof their motorcycles like they do their cars).

Michael

CYYJ

Michael
Bike
None any more.
STOC #
Obviously, from the number of folks coming into the U.S. from our Southern Border, they DON'T keep track, not care to do so. LOL!!
That is NOT the case. I am just finishing a 6,500 mile ride (took 4 weeks) from Toronto to Alabama to California and back. When I was travelling along the southern edge of the USA (Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, California), I encountered no less than 6 Border Patrol check-points. In each case, the Border Patrol had set up a complete closure of the road (in some cases, that meant I-8 or I-10), and were stopping EVERY vehicle and asking for proof of citizenship. At 4 of the 6 stops, I had to present my passport. At the other 2 stops, they just looked at my Ontario licence plate, accepted my answer "I'm Canadian", and waved me on.

There is a VERY HIGH level of surveillance along the southern edge of the USA. I was quite surprised by it all.

The good news is that in all cases, the Border Patrol people were very polite and courteous. That is something that it is difficult to achieve in an organization that is quasi-military in nature. They deserve compliments for that, because instead of being offended at the constant checking, I came away with a very positive impression of the Border Patrol people.

Michael

ReSTored

Site Supporter
Bike
2019 Tracer GT
STOC #
"I wonder how they keep track if you just fail to go back? .... "

The people that don't get tracked are pretty much undocumented and/or live in a cash world. If you have a passport and credit cards you use then Big Brother knows everything about you and when you come and go. New US rules re income tax payable by foreign nationals means we northern folk have to be careful about how much time we spend in the US per annum or we get deemed to be residents and then hit with a hefty US tax bill.

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
In Toronto, you can still ride in the winter most of the time, provided the roads are dry and not covered with salt (salt corrodes the motorcycle something horrible, because Honda doesn't rustproof their motorcycles like they do their cars).
Good news for you in that the ST1300 does not suffer as bad as the 1100 did. All aluminum frame and swingarm... not that salt won't still attack the wiring, bearing and pins. But not quite as prone as the 1100.

Top Bottom