st1300 nonstarter

Bike
st 1300
The other day I rode about 40 miles the bike ran no problem. I filled with fuel and rode about 1 mile no problem. I stopped for twenty minutes to meet up with friends and the bike would not start. When I turn the key the hiss light goes off as it should. The oil, neutral and abs lights come on as they should but the FI light does not come on at all. the motor turns but there is no power to the pump or coils. Fuses ok and relays are clicking on. Any ideas?

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #
Aside from the kill switch, the sidestand switch or tipover switch I believe does that same thing. Another suggestion to make sure it is not the kill switch is to open up that switch cluster and clean the contacts under the kill switch.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
You folks in the UK deal with a lot of corrosive issues. I would focus on the kill and/or sidestand switch as stated above. Many in the states have had issues and simply sprayed some contact cleaner in the left and right handlebar switches to clean out that corrosion/gunk.

Bike
09 ST1300
According to the schematic in shop manual, you should be able to test the Black/white wire at dignostic connector under seat - this line is also from bank angle sensor relay and also is the power side for coils and injectors, and triggers ecm to wake up. If no power here then you likely have a problem with the bank angle circuit (sensor or relay or it's power source) If the engine cranks then that would rule out the kill switch as there would be no power to close starter solenoid. At the very least this test shoul dgive you a direction to go in.

Top Bottom