Diminished Fuel Mileage

Bike
2020 Africa Twin DCT
Ok, so the gas mileage I posted is the same for 6 tanks. The mileage is typical.

So, the mechanic tested the t-stat, it checks out good, no errors. He checked out things and said the average fuel mileage for those bikes is about 43 mpg, or roughly 430 km to a tank. Informing him the most I have ever got out of a tank was 580 km to a dead stop nearly knocked him on the floor! So now, I am getting at most about 430 to 450.

So I guess maybe I had a super awesome mileage machine, and now it is settled to the average. *shrugs*
As others have pointed out, the mileage you are getting now is fairly normal. If you were routinely getting >550 km per tank that would likely have held the all-time record for fuel-efficiency in an ST1300.
Also your mechanic also seems to know what he's talking about, he is dead on with his efficiency and range estimates.

Last edited:
Bike
st1300 '04
STOC #
580km 360miles from filled to the gills to pushing the envelope is doable steady no stop hiway with a tail wind. Average you had some secret sauce :).
300km us also doable with a lot of in town and short trips.

OP
OP
Bike
Honda ST1300
I was never going by my fuel gauge, I was going by mileage. Actual mileage. Right off the odometer. Unless that one was completely incorrect.

Though, the problem isn't going away, still not the same, but I guess I will have to just accept life. It is a 2004 with over 100k on it, aging sucks!

Top Bottom