Tony Worrall's "Pendle Parking Brake" for the ST 1300

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
Presumably because the front tire was sliding without rotating and not because the front brake was not capable of keeping the front wheel from rotating.
Precisely. It was a bad feeling sliding backwards down a very steep hill.

Now if I been turned around, just a light bit of pressure on the front brake would have worked wonderfully and with the parking brake engaged I could have taken a few nice photographs... instead of making a mess inside my shorts.

SteveST1300

Site Supporter
Vendor
Bike
03&04 ST1300
STOC #
I just installed my parking brake. Very easy install and Tony provides great instructions total time for the install was just under 1/2 an hour that was gathering the tools to clean up.

Last edited:

STraymond

Site Supporter
Bike
'01 ST1100
STOC #
I just installed mine on my ST11. I did add a stainless flat washer between the brake body and the parking brake body to elevate the plunger to enable it to clear the brake handle.

Ray

spanner

An Aussie BLUE STeed owner
Bike
ST1100A
http://ozstoc.com/index.php?topic=8596.new#new

here are some really "awesome video skills" showing the instalation of the PPB for the ST1100 by yours truly.

Please note ... there was a manufacturing hiccup that occoured and when Tony realised he had made a mistake his communication and offer to fully replace at no cost was awesome.

I declined and did a little bit of 'spannering' as shown in the vid.

enjoy!

PS> by the way .... I would HIGHLY recomend the system AND recomend the manufacture for his honesty, help and brilliant craftmanship.

STraymond

Site Supporter
Bike
'01 ST1100
STOC #
http://ozstoc.com/index.php?topic=8596.new#new

here are some really "awesome video skills" showing the instalation of the PPB for the ST1100 by yours truly.

Please note ... there was a manufacturing hiccup that occoured and when Tony realised he had made a mistake his communication and offer to fully replace at no cost was awesome.

I declined and did a little bit of 'spannering' as shown in the vid.

enjoy!

PS> by the way .... I would HIGHLY recomend the system AND recomend the manufacture for his honesty, help and brilliant craftmanship.

Very nice video and +1 on Tony's responsiveness and integrity - he's is sending a replacement to me.

Ray

Ron

Bike
ST1100s
STOC #
I discovered that on certain inclines the front brake will not hold the bike in place. Hopefully you never learn this personally... it wasn't fun!
If you find yourself in that situation again, try feathering the clutch out. You can still keep your feet on the ground to support the bike and yourself.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Finally! I had some time to install the world famous Pendle Parking Brake. Everything went very smoothly including adjusting it.

The driveway outside of the garage has a fairly aggressive slope though not radical. I found that just a slight pressure on the lever easily held the bike on the incline. So I set it with enough lever pressure that it holds very well but I can push it backwards if I work at it. When I stop the brakes hold fast. A slight squeeze and off I go.

There are so many times when I want to get something out of my pocket or switch my gloves or just do something quickly but being stopped on a hill it just isn't possible. This brake is going to see frequent use. This is a great bit of kit. Thanks Tony! (And thanks Michael for starting the thread!)

Just in from work & waiting for me is a PPB from TW....

Ordered Wednesday evening, here in Friday morning's mail....

Now that's what you call "Service"....

OP
OP
CYYJ

CYYJ

Michael
Bike
None any more.
STOC #
Ordered Wednesday evening, here in Friday morning's mail.... Now that's what you call "Service"....
Agreed.

My understanding is that Tony is retired and he makes these devices primarily as a hobby, because he enjoys making them and enjoys the correspondence with other owners. I think that is why we get such excellent service and support from him.

Michael

Just fitted a Pendle Parking Brake to my 1100. It's brilliant, a very pleasing bit of kit. Ordered from Tony via ebay, he put it in the post the same night. Looks oem, well actually better than oem. Gets my recommendation and just the thing for me getting into work - access is down a ramp with a swipecard entry on a gate ( no more balancing the bike with my foot on the brake as I simultaneously locate said card, swipe it and replace it) :ukflag1:

DavidR8

Site Supporter
Bike
2013 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
Tony Worrall's "Pendle Parking Brake" for the ST 1300

I'm hope I'm not committing a forum-felony by reviving this thread but is Tony Worrall still making these parking brakes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
'83 BMW R100RS
STOC #
Hi All: I just ordered one for my 2007 ST1300 and am delighted to have discovered this thread.

I found it a bit challenging to locate it on eBay UK, until I substituted "Pan European" for ST1300 in the search string - then it came right up. It seemed odd that the keywords "Pendle parking brake" didn't do it though.

Cheers,

Pete

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
I love this farkle. Had it for a few years now and it always force in handy.

Bike
2010 ST1300
Hi All: I just ordered one for my 2007 ST1300 and am delighted to have discovered this thread.
I added a tiny mod when I installed mine. If you look at the picture for the 1300, you will note the screw at the right end of the bar. This bears against the handbrake's aluminum casting while the pin on the other end engages the hole you drill in your handbrake lever. I was worried this screw would dig into the casting over time, so I cut a tiny piece of stainless steel sheet metal, filed the edges smooth, and double faced taped it to the casting where the screw would bear. This has eliminated any wear to the aluminum. Iirc, I was also concerned about the fact that the brake casting is not flat where the pivot bolt secures the brake bar in place, so I slipped a nylon washer (from Hopot) between the brake casting and Worrall's bar. When you get yours you will see what I mean.

DavidR8

Site Supporter
Bike
2013 BMW R1200RT
STOC #

I found it a bit challenging to locate it on eBay UK, until I substituted "Pan European" for ST1300 in the search string - then it came right up. It seemed odd that the keywords "Pendle parking brake" didn't do it though.

Cheers,

Pete
Thanks Pete,
Did you search for "pan European parking brake"?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom