Tony Worrall's "Pendle Parking Brake" for the ST 1300

SteveST1300

Site Supporter
Vendor
Bike
03&04 ST1300
STOC #
This is a great mod you don't realize how much you use it until you get one. And Tony is great to deal with I will be ordering another one for my 2nd ST.

Bike
'83 BMW R100RS
STOC #
Yup - he got right back to me and apparently his advert had expired and so it wasn't working quite right but I guess it is back up and operating now. He's already shipped my unit - in fact, he shipped it within a few minutes of my order arriving!

Great guy!

Cheers,

Pete

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
From what I remember it's cheaper now than when I got it a few years back. Either way it's a cool deal.

Bob

Bike
ST1300
Following on from this post, I ordered a parking brake for my ST1300 A9. Brilliant piece of kit and as described above, easy to fit. Just a note though, be careful to order for the correct model ST. The shape of the master cylinder differs from model to model (as you've guessed, I ordered the wrong one!!) and this effects the shaping on the parking brake and the position of the 'dimple'. But tony is a top guy and sent me the correct model without hesitation.... Highly recommended.... Off to France to try it out !!

Bike
'02 st1100 w/sidecar
I just placed an order on eBay for one, for my st1100. People keep asking me why I need a parking brake and I tell them I don’t have a working side stand due to having a sidecar. It’s a hassle to warm up the bike when not on flat ground for it’ll roll. You can’t warm up the bike in gear.

OP
OP
CYYJ

CYYJ

Michael
Bike
None any more.
STOC #
Obviously none of those people own and use a Pendle Parker. You're going to love it.
Exactly. It is one of those things where once you have it, and once you begin using it, you think "Why didn't I always have this? Why isn't this standard equipment on the motorcycle?"

It stops the motorcycle from rolling on slopes at traffic lights, letting you take your hand off the front brake lever. It's especially handy at toll booths, parking gates, security checkpoints, anywhere that you need to stop for a moment and don't want to struggle trying to keep the motorcycle still with your feet when you need to use your hands for some other purpose, like digging out coins, ID, access cards, or (if you are right-handed) scratching your nose or operating a GPS.

Michael

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
You should have seen the look on the faces of the other bikers this past summer when my riding partner in front of me started heading down the wrong lane towards a ferry. It was on a fairly decent down hill as many ferry accesses are. I caught up to him with my horn blaring trying to get his attention- he was wearing earplugs. The blaring horn got the attention of all of the other bikers waiting to board. I stopped behind him with the bike facing forward downhill, got off and ran up to him to tell him where he needed to go. When I got off I just tipped the bike on to the side-stand and took off leaving the engine still running. All the other bikers understood that if the engine is running the transmission must be in neutral so they were confused and couldn't figure out why my bike didn't roll forward and fall over. Pendle Parking Brake!

OP
OP
CYYJ

CYYJ

Michael
Bike
None any more.
STOC #
Was the police investigation ever concluded?
I believe that the Canadian Transportation Safety Board investigated, and determined that there was a failure of some sort within the braking system of the RV. The driver of the RV was praised, posthumously, for the efforts he made to avoid hitting other vehicles or pedestrians once the RV began gaining speed rolling down the steep hill.

Michael

Top Bottom