Two Lanes of Western Washington, Track Day for Non-Sportbikes

Bones

Your Humble Scribe
Bike
2014 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
For only the second time in 11 years, Rider magazine published two of my stories in one issue (January 2015). And ST-Owners members figure in each one.

The Washington story covers a portion of the Pacific Northwest odyssey that our own STyles shared with me last year. You may remember "Flight of the Blackbird" (Rider, July 2014), which covered the British Columbia sections of our 9-day tour. This next story covers Washington and a wee bit of Oregon. Thanks again to STyles for putting together some incredible routes, enlightening me along the way as only a college professor could, and gladly handing over his Blackbird to me for the trip. :bow1:

The Track Day story recounts last July's first-ever Tony's Track Day specifically for non-sportbikes. "Easy" Ed Conde helped this New England Riders event come to fruition and, like me, attacked the brand-new road course aboard an ST1300. Ed lapped me -- and plenty of others! :bow1:

Gerhard

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 R1200RT
I subscribe to the iPad version but it seems that it is always a week or two slower to come than the printed version. Look forward to reading it on a wintery night.

Gerhard

Styles

2000 Non-ABS
Bike
'00 ST1100
STOC #
I thought I should extend Bones's fine two-fer theme. If you like his fine writing, typically flush with thought and spare with words, you'll also like his riding. There's a

video

fit both for "Two-Lanes" and "Track Day." Quite properly, it's Bones who's leading.
:hat1:and :bow1:

Styles

Bike
2006 ST 1300
Man, my first thought after seeing that video was these guys were moving! My type of ride! Then I saw that it was a double speed video.

Still a cool video and although it was hard to see the speeds it does look like it was a spirited ride.

Brian

OP
OP
Bones

Bones

Your Humble Scribe
Bike
2014 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
Wish we had time to ride that road up and down the ridge all day.

Top Bottom