suprdav Needs Our Thoughts And Prayers

Bug Dr.

Extroverted Loner
Dave Howell came to my first ArkanSTOC with his friend Al Doggett. They rode to Eureka Springs from Mobile, AL. Like many of us at our first STOC events they didn't know anyone but took a chance based on posts from members of this forum. In Al's words they instantly felt at home and were treated like old friends by several people at the event. They had both been to other prior motorcycle gatherings that didn't make them feel so welcome. They were immediately part of what has become the ArkanSTOC group from the start. As usual, friendships were formed and we always looked forward to seeing Al and Dave at this event.

I had the privilege to know Dave for almost seven years and had the chance to ride many miles around the Ozarks with him and his buddy Al. They were quite a pair and it is difficult to think of one without the other. Dave always played straight man to Al's antics. Dave was a kind soul with a quick wit and a ready smile. His was employed as a Chrome Consultant (actual title) at a Harley Davidson dealership in Mobile and was affectionately know as a chromosexual around the campfire. He was always a good sport when it came to the ribbing he received about working at a Harley dealership and riding with a guy on a Harley (that could out ride most on an ST).

Dave is survived by his loving wife, Lucy and a son in New Orleans and many riding friends. Brother Dave, you will be missed at this year's ArkanSTOC and I will be sure to lift a glass in your honor. I'm thankful for the time we could spend together doing what we loved to do. I am truly honored to be able to call you friend.....Godspeed.
Mike

Last edited:
Bike
Suzuki Gladius
Sad news indeed. :( Condolences to all who knew and loved him. I hope there is some comfort in knowing that he is out of pain and at peace.
Mike, that is a beautiful tribute to your friend; thank you for sharing it.

Patty

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Sorry to hear this, prayers of comfort for his family and friends.

RIP Dave.

Bike
ST1300 - Black
My condolences to Dave's family.

Dave, may your journey be long and whining and the ride of your dreams.
RIP

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
Really sorry to hear this about Dave. I never met him personally but looking back at some of his posts, he seemed like a very kind gentleman... no doubt he will be missed by many. My condolences and prayers to his family and friends.

OP
OP

okckeith

Site Supporter
Bike
2017 Triumph Trophy
There is going to be a Memorial service Monday in Mobile, Al. I am going to try to make it. I want to ride if the weather will cooperate.

OP
OP

okckeith

Site Supporter
Bike
2017 Triumph Trophy
I am in Jackson, Mississippi for the night. 200 miles away from Mobile. I'll be there tomorrow staying with Al and Debbie.
Judy asked me why don't you drive my truck. I told her you just don't understand.

Last edited:
Top Bottom