Add my bike to the LEAKS :(

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #
I just remembered the unused gas gets pumped back into the top gas, SO I would say NO , because it will make one hell of a fire/mess.
No, the return fuel is returned into the lower tank.

In the pic below, #4 is the fuel supply into the lower tank from the upper (large so that the lower tank fills quickly during fillups), #1 is the 'air' equalization vent line between lower and upper tanks, #5 is the pressurized fuel supplied to the fuel rail, and #6 is the depressurized fuel return line from the fuel pressure regulator (that regulator is at the tail end of the fuel rail).
B2860b ST1300 lower fuel tank connections.jpg

The fuel system runs normally (the bike runs) if both connections 5 & 6 are in place. My bike runs in exactly the configuration shown above. ;)

No mess. No fire. :)

Last edited:

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
Well Larry - For those of us without these "special" tools, you have to remove the TB's to remove and replace some of the hoses. No other way around it.
Nothing special about the tools...just the correct tools that will work.
I find that my 1/4 inch drive set and swivel sockets, a 10 inch extension, and some long thin box end wrenches do the trick most the time.

OP
OP
Tdinova
Bike
'07STA
STOC #
No, the return fuel is returned into the lower tank.

In the pic below, #4 is the fuel supply into the lower tank from the upper (large so that the lower tank fills quickly during fillups), #1 is the 'air' equalization vent line between lower and upper tanks, #5 is the pressurized fuel supplied to the fuel rail, and #6 is the depressurized fuel return line from the fuel pressure regulator (that regulator is at the tail end of the fuel rail).

The fuel system runs normally (the bike runs) if both connections 5 & 6 are in place. My bike runs in exactly the configuration shown above. ;)

No mess. No fire. :)

Wow thanks for the explanation on how this beast works, so I can syn my body before adding the top tank, is that correct?

Lots of info on here if you are not scared to ask questions.

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #
Wow thanks for the explanation on how this beast works, so I can syn my body before adding the top tank, is that correct?

Lots of info on here if you are not scared to ask questions.
Yes, you can synch the throttle bodies with the upper tank off. Here's mine without the upper tank, running, and hooked up with my Morgan Carbtune.

OP
OP
Tdinova
Bike
'07STA
STOC #
Yes, you can synch the throttle bodies with the upper tank off. Here's mine without the upper tank, running, and hooked up with my Morgan Carbtune.
I love your carbtune. I have the motionpro mercury sticks. They are 2-3 feet long but work well. I used them several times on my '81 cb750 Custom and my son '80cb650.

thanks for the picture, all I need is my parts tomorrow. I should have her fired up by Saturday afternoon.

Bike
ST1300, VT750C
I can't let my wife ever see you guys' garages over my shoulder while I'm on the ST Owners site. If she sees this, I'll be cleaning our garage for DAYS!

OP
OP
Tdinova
Bike
'07STA
STOC #
Well she' a go. Put her all together and she fired up. The worst part about this operation was the fear of screwing up and having to trailer it to Honda. The hardest part was trying to remove the body and putting the body back on. Getting it off was easy once I found a place to stick my pry bar under to lift up. The manual says to put oil on the rubber to make it easier to install the throttle body, that was no good, I then put oil on the body itself ... no good. I positioned the body on the rubbers, laid a wooden dowel between # 1 & 3 and tapped it 1/2 way on , then moved over to 2 & 4 doing the same until it went down, snug a bug on my windshield. I read in an earlier post saying 'remember where the hoses, plugs and lines go' I had 1 white plug left over with no place to put it before putting the air box back on... I looked every place.. Then it hit me, 'plug on the air box'

I enjoyed using my JIS screwdrivers, it would have been harder without them. You should buy a 6.5mm should be 7mm socket for the syn screw and a stubby philip screwdriver to remove the 2 screws holding the throttle cable bracket.

All buttoned up, ready to install the body.

Pound the body on

Initial start

Video is a bit choppy, another set of hands would have helped

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9av-SeTet8&feature=youtu.be

Video of the syn. I only had to adj # 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvteKnv7nGY&feature=youtu.be

The total price for parts $69 and change, 12 was for a new hose clamp. I ordered the 5 way T for future breakage. It was a joy to use the modified new lines for syn. It was very easy to remove them from the T

Now the wait...:bow1::confused::D

Last edited:
Bike
2003 ST1300
Hi....can I just say a big thanks to you guys on the forum for all the time and effort you put into sorting out any problems especially the water leaks that we guys can have with our Pans. Wife & I got ready for a run out a week back, went into town to fill up with fuel, walking back I noticed a small patch of coolant under the bike. As we were only about 4 miles from home we came back, watching the temp gauge all the way back and it didn't move, checked coolant level and it was half way between low/high.
Over the last few days I've been reading the threads on here about this problem and I now know what to do, so once again many thanks fellas.....

Add my bike now...:roll:

Top Bottom