Saying goodbye to my ST the hard way.... From a hospital bed.

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
I'll have to break it down to find out what is save able.
I'll add to Jim's list...
I'd be interested in the front turn signal sockets, the rear brake light sockets, and the whole rear brake light housing.

But I imagine you will be sore and stiff for awhile. I went over the windshield on mine when someone pulled right out in front of me, took the shield in the chest, had a sore breast bone for awhile.

Heal well!

Bike
2004 ST1300
Get well and heal quickly! Once you rebound, please let me know if you would be willing to part with the rear wheel assembly if it is salvageable.

sirepair

Let's RIDE!
Site Supporter
Bike
2003 ST1100P
STOC #
WOW! Great to hear you're mostly OK!! Another testiment to ATGATT. Heal quickly and fully.

You said the frame was cracked so you can pretty much write off the bike. May as well start shopping for another one!

John Anthony

Bike
'03 ST1300A
STOC #
Sorry to hear of your accident, but very glad you're still around the talk about it. ATGATT

John

Bike
Suzuki Gladius
Very sorry to learn of this! More than glad that you're mostly OK though!! The bike is a bummer, but you are more important than the bike.
Hang in there and heal up quickly and fully.

Patty

Bike
1&2&3-2005 ST1300ABS
2024 Miles
STOC #
Wow, nasty pictures you posted, get well soon mate.
I agree with what some have said, Xmas has people's minds on everything else other than paying attention while driving.
I ride daily to work and wear my Hi-visi vest over my black leather jacket or my hi-visi rain coat.
Also, the days are getting shorter out there, so everyone, please be careful.

Bike
2005 ST1300
Man, good to hear you were wearing gear and even better to hear it worked.

Ouch, those injuries sound nasty - so good you're walking. Hope the rash clears fast and the fingernails grow back. Take special care to avoid infections.

Jack

Bike
07 Yamaha FJR1300AE
Sorry to hear about the bad news but congrats on being here to tell the story!
It's interesting how badly your gloves protected your hands. I looked them up online and they appear to be rated fairly high. :(
Any words of experience you might offer to the rest of us?
Get well soon!

Bike
2006 Aprilia Capo
Painful! Glad you're able to post and have a great attitude about the crash.

If you're going to part out the bike, I'd be interested in the lock sets and ignition.

Bike
2006 ST1300
Glad the bike was totaled and not the rider. Looks like the helmet did it's job too.
If the right (brake side) saddlebag is not too trashed might be interested in it for parts.

Bike
2006 ST1300 PA ABS
wow, Really glad you walked away from this and your recovering at home. Very glad you had protective gear on as i see so many that don't wear it. From your post it looks like the helmet did its job as captaincrusty51 noted.

When your better and putting a parts list together i would be interested in the louvers over the engine for both sides.

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
1) +1 on your condition vs. the condition of the bike!
2) I do not think Bondo is going to be of help in getting the ST back on the road...
3) Prayers for quick healing of those hands (and the road rash on your back).

Mark

OP
OP
cherokeeST
I was semi-disappointed in the gloves performance also. Don't get me wrong they were better than nothing, but it just seems to me they didn't hold up as well as my thick jeans which surprised me. My thick denier Fly jacket did great and my next pair of gloves will be that material or leather for sure. As far as preparation for the crash. I remember nothing other than braking hard and knowing I was going to eat ****, but that's it. Then I was lying in the grass on the shoulder of the highway and a guy was trying to keep me awake.

Glad for you that you're home, now,...and for your being able to post... best wishes for your rapid recovery & thanks for your testimony about protective gear...it does help many of us in taking inventory about just how effective our gear might be in a similar situation...again, heal fast & well!

Bike
Vstrom 650
I was looking at a new pair of Richa textile trousers today,all the EU approved safety tags etc,on reading a bit further it turns out the only bit that's certified is the removable knee armour,there is a disclaimer on the rest of the fabric,so it's got to be leather trousers with armour for me,I currently use John Doe Kevlar jeans,they are a German brand,full Kevlar to the ankle,with well placed knee armour,I'd imagine they'd give better protection from road rash than just textile,hope I never find out though.

Top Bottom