Headlight....

OP
OP
Enroute
Bike
2000 ST1100 43K
OK. I am happy to report that I now have useable head lights on the 1100!
It seems the previous owner installed the adapter shims and H-4 bulbs but did not cut off the 2 lower H-4 bulb tabs.
So now with them cut, I have very decent H-4 headlight(s) that are fully adjustable as well.
Thanks for all the help and input!
On to the next project!

Ron

Bike
ST1100s
STOC #
I have a European head lamp housing and it is the way to go. It is an exact swap out. It uses stock H4 lamps.

When I was using the shims, I remember adjusting the low beams and then adjusting the high beams when I flip them on. I could not find one setting that worked for both.
I have a European head lamp housing and it is the way to go. It is an exact swap out. It uses stock H4 lamps. $110? Buy it now and tell me where you found that price.

When I was using the shims, I remember adjusting the low beams and then adjusting the high beams when I flip them on. I could not find one setting that worked for both.

OP
OP
Enroute
Bike
2000 ST1100 43K
The Euro light I thought I found turned out to be from the UK which I understand is not the same as Euro.
I would like to know were one would could find a used Euro light.

Last edited:

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R
STOC #
The Euro light I thought I found turned out to be from the UK which I understand is not the same as Euro.
No, due their LH traffic it again provides symmetrical light pattern, just as your US spec or the Australian does...

You'll need to opt for a continental, RH traffic version which features the "upward kick" to the right, illuminating the right shoulder about twice as far, and is designed for 55/60W H4 bulbs.

Top Bottom