Rear cowl fit.

Hi all...

I have recently bought a ST1300 and whilst I am delighted with the fit finish there remains one little annoyance which is playing with my OCD :)

I'll try and explain the offending area...

Viewing the bike at it's rear and whilst kneeling I can notice the "V" shaped cowl (the bit of bodywork carrying the Honda badge) does not butt snugly to the underside of grab rail/luggage rack carrier on the right side. Much of the fit is perfect but 70mm on the right side there is a small gap of no more than 1mm which also runs around the bend for a little way towards the pannier locks. Is there anyway I can close this up?

Thanks

Edmund

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
You may want to pull the tail section off and see if you can adjust the tail section some, or it maybe someone had it off and did not get it back together properly.

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #
Interesting ... I've not had mine off, so take the following with a grain of salt.

Below is an image of the real cowl (part #2). Parts #3 are collars that allow the grab rail to tighten onto the rear frame without squishing [and cracking] the rear cowl. IOW, the rear cowl 'floats' a bit on those collars. Perhaps you can wedge something in to create the same gap on the left side?
ST1300 Side Cover + Rear Cowl.jpg

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Check to make sure the push clip is in under the plastic. There's one up under each side of the rear piece.

Top Bottom