IBA Jacksonville Pizza Party Time again... Who's in?

Bike
1998 ST1100
STOC #
I plan on attending and riding the "Full Court BBG" ride (1550 miles in 24 hours all within the state of Florida). There is also a Saddlesore ride called the Full Court 1000 that covers parts of Florida, Georgia, and Alabama. I missed it in 2014 due to family medical issues but cant wait to get back to JAX in 2015! Who's in?

http://www.ironbutt.com/daytona/

P.S.
If you've never been to the party, it is an awesome time. Lot of tire kicking and war stories in the parking lot and great food and war stories at the banquet!

Last edited:
Bike
2016 FJR
STOC #
After missing 2014 due to a forest rat encounter in Florida 2 days before the event, I hope to make the 2015 shindig...God willing!!

Bike
2015 BMW GSA
Slasher,
I will be attending this year. I am also thinking about the BBG ride. Will keep you posted. See you at the party either way.

RCnJax
Angelo

OP
OP
Slasher
Bike
1998 ST1100
STOC #
Slasher,
I will be attending this year. I am also thinking about the BBG ride. Will keep you posted. See you at the party either way.

RCnJax
Angelo
Thats great Angelo, the more ST's the better! I look forward to meeting you. I already have my banquet ticket and am all signed up for the BBG. Make sure to get your tickets as soon as you can, it sold out quickly last year. I'll be staying at the host hotel and should be arriving Wednesday afternoon sometime.

Bike
2015 BMW GSA
I am already "in" and signed up for the banquet. Will make the call on the BBG as my work schedule that week solidifies. See you then either way - hopefully for both!

RCnJax
Angelo

OP
OP
Slasher
Bike
1998 ST1100
STOC #
I am already "in" and signed up for the banquet. Will make the call on the BBG as my work schedule that week solidifies. See you then either way - hopefully for both!

RCnJax
Angelo
I'd say since your planning on doing the longer ride, you have plenty of time to decide. The saddle sore ride seems to sell out within a week of being opened up to everyone but according to the record page, only 11 people completed the BBG last year.

I'm nervously excited about the ride... The BBG has eluded me for years, not because of the ride itself but because I have planned it a hundred different times and a hundred different routes, right down to every single gas stop, only to have to cancel it at the last minute.

I think I have all the picture stops figured out for the full court bbg if your curious...

Bike
ST
STOC #
Did I miss something in the literature? I didn't see the hotel name and location mentioned anywhere. I couldn't find the mentioned link for reservations either.

OP
OP
Slasher
Bike
1998 ST1100
STOC #
Did I miss something in the literature? I didn't see the hotel name and location mentioned anywhere. I couldn't find the mentioned link for reservations either.
Registration is only open to IBA Premier members right now. If you are a premier member and already registered for the party, Lisa should've sent you a link to the room reservation page. If you didn't get that email then send her an email because sometimes she misses people (happened to me one year). If your not a premier member registration opens up later this month. The hotel is the same one as always, the Ramada on the south side of Jax.

OP
OP
Slasher
Bike
1998 ST1100
STOC #
I'm going too. Not sure if I'll do a 50CC or a SS2000 Gold.
See you there!

Garry
awesome Garry! Looks like we'll have a whole table of ST's!

Is the SS2000 Gold 36 hours? I would do the CC50, unless you want to save that ride for a 100ccc.

Bike
2005 ST1300
STOC #
Hi Don,
I already have a 50CC cert, but if I have the time to ride to SD beforehand, I may do another one. If I get a later start, I will just ride straight through from PHX to JAX. I've done that 2045 mile ride several times before, takes about 28-30 hours total time. (I have a aux fuel cell so I only stop for gas 6 times between here and Florida.) If I leave my home in Gilbert around 6AM Wednesday, I'm at the JAX hotel before noon on Thursday.
My problem is, I won't know which ride I'm doing until only a day or two ahead of time. Either way though, look me up in JAX! I'll be riding a rally ready red '05 with an 15IBR plate.

Oh, and yes a SS2000 Gold is 2000 miles in 36 hours or less.

Garry

OP
OP
Slasher
Bike
1998 ST1100
STOC #
Sounds like a plan! I'll be arriving Wednesday afternoon but will be out on the BBG ride from early Thursday morning to early Friday morning. My bike is usually the only ST1100 there. A black '98 with a taildragger fuel cell.

One of these years I want to do a ride in CCC, not this time though!

Bike
2016 FJR
STOC #
I'll be there if I can get a seat once open registration begins on 1/15. I'll probably ride the BBG as well Don. See you guys there.

OP
OP
Slasher
Bike
1998 ST1100
STOC #
I'll be there if I can get a seat once open registration begins on 1/15. I'll probably ride the BBG as well Don. See you guys there.
I thought you were a premier member Ken? I hope you can get a ticket, I got an email a week ago from lord Kneebone saying it was already 75% sold out.

Bike
2016 FJR
STOC #
I guess no one saw the humor in this:)

I have tentatively signed up for the Full Court 1000. Hope I'm not biting off more than I can chew... Never done an SS1000 or a photo rally.

I caught that and chuckled. I'm still waiting on my email so I can make hotel reservations and sign up for a ride. SS1000 or BBG, still undecided. You'll be fine with the ride Ashley. Being that you've never done a SS1000, the adrenaline will be flowing.

Top Bottom