IBA Jacksonville Pizza Party Time again... Who's in?

OP
OP
Slasher
Bike
1998 ST1100
STOC #
I guess no one saw the humor in this:)

I have tentatively signed up for the Full Court 1000. Hope I'm not biting off more than I can chew... Never done an SS1000 or a photo rally.
you'll be fine Ashley! You will recieve the route for the ride sometime in February so you'll have plenty of time to get your navigation in order... even if your just using a map. I find that these types of rides are in some ways easier than regular 1000 in 24 rides because there is no paperwork to worry about (or mess up) just a couple pics on your phone and one receipt at the end to show you finished in less than 24 hours. Two years ago, I think I finished around 2am. Some guys finished at midnight some others got in at 5:30 (IIRC they stopped and ate every meal at a resturaunt) but everybody who started finished including the guy who got a speeding ticket (on the smallest bike there, a 250) and a Harley that ran out of gas. So there is plenty of time available.

OP
OP
Slasher
Bike
1998 ST1100
STOC #
I caught that and chuckled. I'm still waiting on my email so I can make hotel reservations and sign up for a ride. SS1000 or BBG, still undecided. You'll be fine with the ride Ashley. Being that you've never done a SS1000, the adrenaline will be flowing.
You might want to shoot Lisa an email ( lisa@ironbutt.com ) last year she missed me when she sent out the reservation email. This year I got it two days after I registered.

Ashley

Site Supporter
Bike
2020 Africa Twin
STOC #
you'll be fine Ashley! You will recieve the route for the ride sometime in February so you'll have plenty of time to get your navigation in order... even if your just using a map. I find that these types of rides are in some ways easier than regular 1000 in 24 rides because there is no paperwork to worry about (or mess up) just a couple pics on your phone and one receipt at the end to show you finished in less than 24 hours. Two years ago, I think I finished around 2am. Some guys finished at midnight some others got in at 5:30 (IIRC they stopped and ate every meal at a resturaunt) but everybody who started finished including the guy who got a speeding ticket (on the smallest bike there, a 250) and a Harley that ran out of gas. So there is plenty of time available.
Thanks for the positive encouragement:)

I have been in touch with Lisa and Mike both due to a screw up on my part on the online order.

Bike
2015 BMW GSA
Slasher
Just following up. In addition to attending the party, I am in for the Full Court BBG. Looking forward to meeting you.

RCnJax
Angelo

OP
OP
Slasher
Bike
1998 ST1100
STOC #
Looks like we have a full table of ST riders for this years banquet! Shuey and Tom Loftus usually make an appearance there as well. I sat next to Tom two years ago and didn't even know who he was...Small world! Good times to be had by all.

OP
OP
Slasher
Bike
1998 ST1100
STOC #
Slasher
You haven't seen any follow-up details from the IBA on the BBG route yet? I have not.
Angelo
Hey Angelo! Yes, actually they sent out the route and rules late last night. You should've gotten two emails from Mike Kneebone. The first was the route and rules and the second was making sure you got the first. I would send an email to Mike Kneebone, mkneebone@gmail.com , to make sure you get the route and that there isn't a problem with your registration.

Bike
2016 FJR
STOC #
Slasher, where are the pics of the bike all buttoned up? I didn't get in on the rides, so it looks like I won't arrive until Friday afternoon. Think I may do my own BBG on the way down like I did last year. NY-Key West

OP
OP
Slasher
Bike
1998 ST1100
STOC #
Slasher, where are the pics of the bike all buttoned up? I didn't get in on the rides, so it looks like I won't arrive until Friday afternoon. Think I may do my own BBG on the way down like I did last year. NY-Key West
I have to button the bike up before I can take those pictures! Unfortunately, I'm not kidding. I only get about 3 hours a day max to work on it because of my 10 month old son. His nap time is my bike time. It is crunch time so I might start shipping him off to the babysitter. Today I'm working on the HID's and adding a time delay relay. I have the aux tank installed but I'm afraid to put gas in it because if it leaks I'm screwed,lol! I should have it put back together by the end of the week. (Fingers crossed)

I thought I saw the rides where still on ironbuttrecords, are they sold out?

Bike
2016 FJR
STOC #
I have to button the bike up before I can take those pictures! Unfortunately, I'm not kidding. I only get about 3 hours a day max to work on it because of my 10 month old son. His nap time is my bike time. It is crunch time so I might start shipping him off to the babysitter. Today I'm working on the HID's and adding a time delay relay. I have the aux tank installed but I'm afraid to put gas in it because if it leaks I'm screwed,lol! I should have it put back together by the end of the week. (Fingers crossed)

I thought I saw the rides where still on ironbuttrecords, are they sold out?

I read both were sold out. I'm ok with that. Doing the one of the rides was going to cost me $60 for the ride, plus another $150 for 2 more nights. Not to mention I would miss the MTF RTE in Flagler beach if I did the BBG because I would be in bed. I only have 6 days to be away and would like to be able to see my folks for a day or so in Wesley Chapel. Looking forward to it.

OP
OP
Slasher
Bike
1998 ST1100
STOC #
I read both were sold out. I'm ok with that. Doing the one of the rides was going to cost me $60 for the ride, plus another $150 for 2 more nights. Not to mention I would miss the MTF RTE in Flagler beach if I did the BBG because I would be in bed. I only have 6 days to be away and would like to be able to see my folks for a day or so in Wesley Chapel. Looking forward to it.
Can't argue with that! We'll see how this BBG goes. With five picture stops and a couple gas stops, I imagine its going to come down to the wire. Luckily the last picture stop is in Miami so hopefully I95 is kind that night!

Bike
2015 BMW GSA
Can't argue with that! We'll see how this BBG goes. With five picture stops and a couple gas stops, I imagine its going to come down to the wire. Luckily the last picture stop is in Miami so hopefully I95 is kind that night!
Slasher, Mike emailed my packet. It was an email error. Thanks for letting me know. Per your quote above, I have 7 picture stops listed. As for gas stops, apparently I need a bigger tank like you ;) for just a couple stops. I95 should be quiet on the way back at that time, even going by Daytona at that time.

See you soon.

Ashley

Site Supporter
Bike
2020 Africa Twin
STOC #
I received my packet for the FullCourt 1000 and I've been messing around with the route. All looks good. See everyone there.

Bike
2015 BMW GSA
Ashley
It will be good to see you again. You staying at the hotel the night before the send off on the rides? Or just riding in that morning? I will be staying.
Angelo

OP
OP
Slasher
Bike
1998 ST1100
STOC #
Slasher, Mike emailed my packet. It was an email error. Thanks for letting me know. Per your quote above, I have 7 picture stops listed. As for gas stops, apparently I need a bigger tank like you ;) for just a couple stops. I95 should be quiet on the way back at that time, even going by Daytona at that time.

See you soon.
I'm glad you got everything straightened out Angelo! I am working on my route right now and you are correct, 7 picture stops. I am working on the route in garmin Basecamp and have given every picture stop a 10 minute layover and that leaves me one hour left for the fuel stops and contingencies. Hopefully most of the pictures will be 5 minute "snap and go" stops but with traffic and whatnot I'd rather have the extra time built in. This will be the first time I will be using my aux tank but I am excited about having a 500 mile range. The ride to JAX will be the first real world range test but, even the possibly of only having to stop three times on the BBG is exciting!

OP
OP
Slasher
Bike
1998 ST1100
STOC #
I received my packet for the FullCourt 1000 and I've been messing around with the route. All looks good. See everyone there.
Hey Ashley, Just a word of advice, if the route they gave you has any kind of information on how to avoid traffic or basically any good tips... Heed them! During the Battlefield 1000 the route had a bunch of back roads listed between two points that were recommended to take if you arrived at the first point at a certain time. I arrived just shy of that time and I figured that there was no way that the back roads they suggested would be better than the direct route Garmin was giving me so I ignored them...Big mistake! I ended up snarled in traffic for a good while and the people who had taken the back roads finished a good hour ahead of me! You're a local so you might already know better but, I surely didn't!

Top Bottom