My 2015 Events. How 'Bout You?

skidlid1300

Blacksheep Tribal Member
Bike
Schwinn
:think1::banghead: I... I...I... I just don't know!!! So many friends attending so many events!!

...and the plans are 6 months away!! Sheesh!!

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
Yep... one advantage for me being a contractor is that I am obligated to work hours, not days. So I can work a 5 day week and then follow it with a 3 day week. Normally I'm like Kevin and just work 4x10 every week.

Leaves lots of time for SToc events or other long rides. I carried 100 hours over from last year... so Let's ride!!!

Bike
2000 ST1100
I was just wondering .... With all these events everyone is planning on attending -and time off to do such ... Does anybody other than me have a JOB?
;):work2: (Tongue firmly in cheek and the little green man planted on my shoulder! )
Actually several, over the years. Finally saw the wisdom of retirement. It's better than you can imagine. I wish you well working towards yours.
Jim

TPadden

Tom Padden
Frankly my experience with countless retired friends is motorcycle riding is like other time consuming hobbies and sports (particularly fishing and golf). If you don't do it when you work, you will only continue to talk about doing it after you retire...... there are always a few exceptions, but not many.

My wife will tell you I've always avoided her chores, even when I worked, by leaving after work on Friday, riding 3 or 4 states away, and getting home well after dark on Sunday.

Listen to those Nike ads......:)

skidlid1300

Blacksheep Tribal Member
Bike
Schwinn
... My wife will tell you I've always avoided her chores, even when I worked, by leaving after work on Friday, riding 3 or 4 states away, and getting home well after dark on Sunday.

Listen to those Nike ads......:)
....And you're STILL married??? Where can I get one of those?? :)

Bike
2014 FJR ES 2009 WEE
Yeah, it's tough for me to plan my rides because you never know when the fishing's gonna be good....still managed 17,000 miles last year, but fishing comes first..........ff

Bike
2013 st 1300
This year I'm planning a trip to key west early in the spring and then a trip to Vancouver near the end of Jun. I also plan to explore more of New brunswick as well

Bike
92 ST1100
I guess it all boils down to priorities! I spend 2 weeks at the lake with the wife .... And this year taking about 3 weeks to go elk and deer hunting in Colorado ... Not a lot of extra time to squeeze out for SToc events!
Well, RockSToc would put you right in the middle of the 'hunt':D.........SanJuans some of best elk huntin' you'll find......was second nature for me growing up in the area;).

MajorTom

QuickBlue
STOC #
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]As usual I'll start the riding season with the annual long weekend ride to the Rosedeer Hotel in Wayne, Alberta in May, possibly followed this year by a trip across the border to points south as far as we can get in two days, Yosemite maybe. Also p[/FONT]lanning to attend my first STOC event at WeSTOC in August, after which the missus and I are talking about continuing west to the Olympic Peninsula, Vancouver Island and back home via the Sea to Sky highway from Vancouver.

ReSTored

Site Supporter
Bike
2019 Tracer GT
STOC #
So far I'm booked for OHSTOC and looking at attending 1 or 2 more XXSTOC events + few local RTE's. Balancing work, family, cottage with just 4 weeks vacation means my riding time is relatively limited. My daughter says these are all first world problems and she's right, so I'm not really complaining.

Also, turns out I'm going to be a grandfather in mid July so another good reason for sticking close to home this summer.

Bike
2013 st 1300
Sorry I took so long to reply. I just went across the states last year, don't want to do it again so soon. The trip to Vancouver may not happen. I really don't like riding in BC so I may go to lethbridge, then north towards Edmonton then turn east.

TPadden

Tom Padden
....I just went across the states last year, don't want to do it again so soon........
I went across the states 2 days ago, I'll be ready to do it again as soon as my wife does the laundry ...... kind of explains why no Canadians met Raymond and I at last years Whitehorse (Takhini Hot Springs) RTC. :D

Bike
2013 st 1300
(smile) I can only speak for myself. What route did you ride?

I loved the ride across but the desert beat the crap outta me. It will take at least another year to forget the heat...well, at my age maybe another summer.

I'm heading to key west this spring but it will be as soon as I can ride comfortable on the highway from Nova Scotia (may...ish).

I talked to guys from the south last summer. They warned me not to ride there in July (my normal travel month) if the heat in Montana and Nebraska was too much as it's just as hot or hotter and more humid. They suggest head south as soon as I could in the spring.

TPadden

Tom Padden
(smile) I can only speak for myself. What route did you ride?

I loved the ride across but the desert beat the crap outta me. It will take at least another year to forget the heat...well, at my age maybe another summer.

I'm heading to key west this spring but it will be as soon as I can ride comfortable on the highway from Nova Scotia (may...ish).

I talked to guys from the south last summer. They warned me not to ride there in July (my normal travel month) if the heat in Montana and Nebraska was too much as it's just as hot or hotter and more humid. They suggest head south as soon as I could in the spring.
July's RTC was:

Last weeks ride was the southern route (mostly I 10) from Tampa to Los Angeles and back; I love the desert in the winter :) You do have a major problem in that when it's warm enough to ride in Canada, it's hot as hell everywhere you go :eek::.

Top Bottom