What did you do with your Yamaha today?

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
The Tracer saddlebags are a bit boring to me... being all black and lots of curves where the rest of the bike has some more abrupt accents. So I got some silver wrap and knifeless tape and played around with 2 options. I'm leaning towards the top/bottom versions vs the center panel. I think it sharpens up the lines of the bags and matches the other silver parts better.

I also have some silver reflective yahama emblem/text coming that I might put in the middle, also ordered black in case I end up liking the center silver panel.

IMG_20201020_190032.jpg

IMG_20201020_190111.jpg

IMG_20201020_190251.jpg

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
I like the silver inset version. So many bikes these days just don't have enough color. Both look really well done though. They look factory.

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
Top and bottom has my vote Mr.Mellow sir.
Picks up the lines of the bike very nicely.
I thought you were selling it?
Upt'North.
+1. Never heard of knifeless tape... now I know.

ESB

STRIDER
Bike
'07 ST 1300
Rode my '16 FJR1300 out to RMNP & Grandby, Co.
And Estes Park.
Rt.34 & the Trail Ridge road awesome.
For a week. And returned.
Caught the whole area in beautiful,clear,
LATE summer warm weather - in mid October!
Made for a great ride on a fantastic bike.

OP
OP
ChucksKLRST

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
Did this two weeks ago: My appointment was cancelled today so I had a chance to go for quick early morning ride up to Idaho Spring and over Guanella Pass. A bit chilly early this morning so I pulled off at Idaho Springs to put on my jacket liner. That is where the early morning ride ended. I put the FJR on the Ground. On the freeway exit ramp approaching the traffic circle is where the FJR got tired. (See map). There is a small two inch curb with a concrete apron for the big rig trailers to ride on going around the sharp right hander before the circle. Normally there would be a solid white line designating where the curb is, but it was all worn away from traffic. The concrete apron blends in with the concrete on-ramp. Watching for traffic in the circle I did not see the curb in my peripheral vision. (no white line). The FJR tried to climb the curb and then fell over on the right side. ATGATT was the word of the day. My right leg got caught between the right exhaust and the curb. The weight of the bike was on my upper right ankle. Leg was twisted and I could not untwist and get out from under the bike. Trapped on the ground flopping around like a fish out of water. Lady behind me stopped and tried to push the bike off of me. No avail, just made it worse. The guy behind her stopped and lifted the bike off of me and positioned it on the side stand. By the time I was able to get up to thank them they were gone. Who ever you folks where, thank you. Leg hurt but was able to walk on it. Very little damage to the bike. Engine crash guards and sliders did their job. Guard is scraped on the bottom and slider is ground down a bit. No other damage. Rode to George Town to head up the Pass, but by then the ankle was too sore to use the rear break pedal. Decided it was best to head home and get the ankle on ice. Here are a couple of pictures of the leg on ice and the scrapes on the bike. A bit underwhelming for the pain that the ankle, leg and knee are feeling. Boot, Riding Pants and Jacket are scraped up a little but still servable. Knee pads and elbow pads work. Be careful and ride safe out there.
https://goo.gl/maps/arqJ4zcDimwetbii7
Image may contain: people sitting
Image may contain: one or more people and shoes

Here is todays follow up on my FJR oops. Turns out the score is FJR 1 Chuck 0. Today after my daughter fussed me out and my Wife' very concerned, and loving urging,
I went to the Doc to have the leg / ankle checked out. After the X-rays shots, turns out I have a Distal Fibula Fracture, on my right ankle /leg. And a lot of bruising. My season is pretty much over for the rest of the year. Six to Eight weeks to completely heal. Maybe I will be able to sneak in a ride just after Thanksgiving weather permitting. Had to take the pictures with a camera off the commuter screen. The Hospital software would not let me copy and paste the images off their website. One can clearly see the break. Got an appt with Ortho next week. And as a bonus, the Doc gave me my annual Flu Shot. Now the arm is sore.
No photo description available.
Image may contain: screen

Todays visit with the Ortho folks and more X-rays, discovered that I have in addition to my Distal Fibular Fracture, a proximal Fibular Head Fracture. A crack on the top of the Fibula Bone. Also they are worried about soft tissue damage between the Fibula and the Tibia Bone. They have me scheduled for a MRI on Thursday. Leg is in a splint cast and I am learning how to maneuver on a set of crutches, as they don't want me to put weight on the ankle / leg. Bones will heal on their own but if there is damage to the ligaments, muscles, soft tissue, etc. between the two bones then surgery might be needed. MRI will tell. Looks like I am for sure grounded for 6 to 8 weeks for sure. The Fibular bone and assorted soft tissue gives the ankle it stability and strength.

My new wheels for the next few weeks.
Image may contain: bicycle

Results of the MRI were neg. No soft tissue damage that would need surgery. So another week in the splint cast and then a Boot to support / immobilize the angle / leg. For how long???? Have another appt in a week with more X-rays pics to be taken.

Last edited:

ST-venture

Randy Frank
Site Supporter
Bike
2018 GW Tour DCT
2024 Miles
STOC #
Bummer to hear Chuck!!
Makes me wonder if any traffic/road engineers have ever given a thought to how their designs affect motorcycles :confused1::doh1::hurt1:

Bike
st1300 vfr800
Cool weather here for the last few days and I have a RD350 2 stroke that is so much fun to ride with cool weather . Can't say I did or did not but this thing really likes the cooler air and maybe a long wheelie might have happened as well as my best impression of Kenny Roberts coming out a few corners crossed up with the front wheel in the air about a foot . It seemed to a great idea at the time anyways ,hooligan .

Bike
VStrom 650
Did this two weeks ago: My appointment was cancelled today so I had a chance to go for quick early morning ride up to Idaho Spring and over Guanella Pass. A bit chilly early this morning so I pulled off at Idaho Springs to put on my jacket liner. That is where the early morning ride ended. I put the FJR on the Ground. On the freeway exit ramp approaching the traffic circle is where the FJR got tired. (See map). There is a small two inch curb with a concrete apron for the big rig trailers to ride on going around the sharp right hander before the circle. Normally there would be a solid white line designating where the curb is, but it was all worn away from traffic. The concrete apron blends in with the concrete on-ramp. Watching for traffic in the circle I did not see the curb in my peripheral vision. (no white line). The FJR tried to climb the curb and then fell over on the right side. ATGATT was the word of the day. My right leg got caught between the right exhaust and the curb. The weight of the bike was on my upper right ankle. Leg was twisted and I could not untwist and get out from under the bike. Trapped on the ground flopping around like a fish out of water. Lady behind me stopped and tried to push the bike off of me. No avail, just made it worse. The guy behind her stopped and lifted the bike off of me and positioned it on the side stand. By the time I was able to get up to thank them they were gone. Who ever you folks where, thank you. Leg hurt but was able to walk on it. Very little damage to the bike. Engine crash guards and sliders did their job. Guard is scraped on the bottom and slider is ground down a bit. No other damage. Rode to George Town to head up the Pass, but by then the ankle was too sore to use the rear break pedal. Decided it was best to head home and get the ankle on ice. Here are a couple of pictures of the leg on ice and the scrapes on the bike. A bit underwhelming for the pain that the ankle, leg and knee are feeling. Boot, Riding Pants and Jacket are scraped up a little but still servable. Knee pads and elbow pads work. Be careful and ride safe out there.
https://goo.gl/maps/arqJ4zcDimwetbii7
Image may contain: people sitting
Image may contain: one or more people and shoes

Here is todays follow up on my FJR oops. Turns out the score is FJR 1 Chuck 0. Today after my daughter fussed me out and my Wife' very concerned, and loving urging,
I went to the Doc to have the leg / ankle checked out. After the X-rays shots, turns out I have a Distal Fibula Fracture, on my right ankle /leg. And a lot of bruising. My season is pretty much over for the rest of the year. Six to Eight weeks to completely heal. Maybe I will be able to sneak in a ride just after Thanksgiving weather permitting. Had to take the pictures with a camera off the commuter screen. The Hospital software would not let me copy and paste the images off their website. One can clearly see the break. Got an appt with Ortho next week. And as a bonus, the Doc gave me my annual Flu Shot. Now the arm is sore.
Image may contain: screen

Todays visit with the Ortho folks and more X-rays, discovered that I have in addition to my Distal Fibular Fracture, a proximal Fibular Head Fracture. A crack on the top of the Fibula Bone. Also they are worried about soft tissue damage between the Fibula and the Tibia Bone. They have me scheduled for a MRI on Thursday. Leg is in a splint cast and I am learning how to maneuver on a set of crutches, as they don't want me to put weight on the ankle / leg. Bones will heal on their own but if there is damage to the ligaments, muscles, soft tissue, etc. between the two bones then surgery might be needed. MRI will tell. Looks like I am for sure grounded for 6 to 8 weeks for sure. The Fibular bone and assorted soft tissue gives the ankle it stability and strength.

My new wheels for the next few weeks.
Image may contain: bicycle

Results of the MRI were neg. No soft tissue damage that would need surgery. So another week in the splint cast and then a Boot to support / immobilize the angle / leg. For how long???? Have another appt in a week with more X-rays pics to be taken.
Mr.Henderson sir, sounds horrible but I'm thinking it could have been a lot worse.
Money well spent on your own and bikes protection.
Heal quick.
Upt'North.

Top Bottom