What did you do with your Yamaha today?

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
Since a lot of us here on the ST forum have defected over to Yamaha FJR's and Super Tee's I thought it would be nice to have our own "What have you done with your Yamaha Today" Thread.

So I will be the first to post what I have done today with my FJR.

Installed dual Horns SAM_4231.jpg SAM_4239.jpg

Installed AdMore lighting on my Givi V46 Top Box. SAM_4241.jpg Running Lights, Turn Signal Lights,and Brake Lights, These are LEDs

Install was relatively easy following ADmore's instructions. Just needed to take ones time when placing the LEDs under the reflectors.

Tapped off the tail light wiring harness that runs along the left side of the bike. Using the SERVICE Manual wiring diagram to determine which wire colors are what, I used the supplied Positaps. Very nice and neat install and can undo in about ten min if ever required. Did not have to cut any wires in the bike harness. Then I uses Gorilla Tape to secure the wires inside the top box. SAM_4216.jpg SAM_4217.jpg SAM_4218.jpg SAM_4219.jpg SAM_4220.jpg SAM_4221.jpg

As a side note: My ADmore lighting kit was missing the positaps. I E-mailed Admore about this. They answered the Email with in a few hours and had the missing parts in the mail with in a day or two. Very good company to work with. I will be purchasing a lighting kit for my Wee STrom Givi E-460 Box later this spring.

Last edited:

Bug Dr.

Extroverted Loner
I started it in the garage. I was happy that it turned over. I really need to go ride it sometime.
Mike

Bike
2014 FJR ES 2009 WEE
I emailed Chuck about his horn install....probably the reason for starting this thread.....thanks Chuck..............ff

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Decided.... there should be light!!!!

Edit, hooked up the lights:

TOS

Bike
2015 Super Tenere
STOC #
Decided.... there should be light!!!!

Good thing you didn't turn on the new LED's for the pic... would have been total burnout. Be careful if you drive it close to Love Field, the Tower may try to clear you for landing. lol
Nice looking setup by the way!

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
If those are LEDs, somebody spent some real money. :poPoST1:
The cubes were already on the bike, just moved them over.. the bar was in a box in the garage, never could figure out a good place to put it on the vstrom.. then found it this weekend... found that twisted throttle had a light bar I'd never seen and had a bunch of points with them so it was only about $27 for the bar...

OP
OP
ChucksKLRST

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
So I am in the Garage watching Snow fall to the ground (real exciting) cleaning the FJR off and thinking of my last ride that I did last Thursday........ The weather was forecast-ed to be in the low 50's for a high and the FJR has not moved in over 32 days. Was beginning to wonder if it still knew how to start. Well it did and I still remembered how to ride it. Just a short 75 mile lunch ride to Front Range for lunch and then took the longer way out east and looped around the back way home. Met an interesting fellow who flew in to have lunch also. He flew all the way from Centennial Airport on the South side of Denver Metro Area. He was flying a 1946 ER Coupe 415 C/D The plane is older than I am. And I am old.

PS; I am about done with winter

Attachments

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
I sold my last Yamaha in May of 1983, just before purchasing my brand new, off the showroom floor, '83 650 Honda Nighthawk...nothing but Hondas since! ;)

PS; I am about done with winter
But, is it done with you?

:rofl1:

Bike
'15 FJR ES
I installed a new right sidecase to replace the one I damaged in my crash. Then I applied the reflective decals on the back of the cases from RealTime Industries. It all looks great but there was no time for pics.

Top Bottom