What did you do with your Yamaha today?

Bike
'15 FJR ES
Installed a set of GenMar bar riser blocks. I had worked all night (like every night for the past 3+ months) and I rode straight to Dad's house after work. I arrived there at 6:30 am and demanded coffee, breakfast, a fire in the fireplace and help installing my bar risers. Oh the joys of being a spoiled brat! Of course I had to help with the fire and do most of the riser installation.

Having Pop to assist was invaluable, at various times the front wheel must be prevented from turning or wiggled front to rear. On the FJR the top triple clamp must be removed to install bar risers. The ST1300 was much easier to do.

OP
OP
ChucksKLRST

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
Made a Bakery Run to Colorado Springs for my biweekly German Bread and STuff. 200 mile round trip from My house in Aurora to Colorado Springs and back. See my Spot. Great day to ride, 71 degrees for a high temp. Blue sky,white capped mountains, Green pine forests. Have I said how much I love Colorado.

Attachments

Last edited:

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Pushed it 100 yards after running out of gas in OK lol

Bike
Supere Tenere
I spent $414 for an additional four years of YES warranty (unlimited mileage) for my Super Tenere. I was debating whether or not to do it but peace of mind won out. There have been a couple of STs reporting cam chain tension adjuster problems after 50K+ miles. I'll recover some of that if/when I ever sell it but who knows?

Now, I'm organizing my folder of receipts and work records. Four oil and filter changes, grease on the shift pivot lever, throttle body sync, a new set of Anakee 3 tires to replace the summer Big Blocks and that's about it. I've only had it to the dealer once for a headlight harness recall. Otherwise, almost 10k of fun, trouble free miles so far.

Getting ready for a quick ride down to Summer Lake Hot Springs next week. It's so strange that so many roads that would normally be covered with snow and bare. Hoping for an early spring!

;-) Paul

OP
OP
ChucksKLRST

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
Bought a aftermarket seat made here by a Local Seat builder "Steve Gowing" in Fort Collins. Bought it second hand from a young collage student who is selling his FJR for School Funds. Seat is less than a year old and seem to work very well for my butt. Probably paid too much, but hey it was for a good cause. The kid was going back to school and the STock FJR seat just was not working for me. Of course I had to trade him my STock seat also. Saved me from sending my STock seat out and waiting.

Attachments

Bug Dr.

Extroverted Loner
Mounted my Jesse panniers. Very straightforward process. Almost went with Bumot but I like how the Jesse bags hug the bike better (36 inches wide) and they were larger.

I will try to take some pictures this weekend.
Mike

Bike
2014 FJR 1300 ES
Got my Spencer modified seat back and a Sena SMH-10 installed and programed. Also made some short keys with knobs for the saddlebags.

OP
OP
ChucksKLRST

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
Got tired of looking at my forearms and elbows in my mirrors, so I ordered up a set of SW-Moteck mirror extensions. Got them via Twisted Throttle. 80 bucks + 7.50 shipping. A bit expensive for what they are, but now I can see the flashing red and blue light that is following me. :D Here are seven pictures of the extensions.

Attachments

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Got tired of looking at my forearms and elbows in my mirrors, so I ordered up a set of SW-Moteck mirror extensions. Got them via Twisted Throttle. 80 bucks + 7.50 shipping. A bit expensive for what they are, but now I can see the flashing red and blue light that is following me. :D Here are seven pictures of the extensions.
Wow you would think for that price they would be colored matched. At least you will see the pretty colors chasing you now!! :D

bcnu

o&o>
Bike
GL1800
I think the extension look like crap :( and like most things are over priced
but I also think I need them.
how hard is it to get the plastic off for the install?
am guessing they will be my next mod.

OP
OP
ChucksKLRST

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
Four screws and two push pins to remove and then working the instrument plastic cover off. It is like a snap together toy. Have to pull hard and it will unsnap from the fairing. I agree with the look and cost (Ugly and expensive) but there is little other alternatives. My Rear view safety over rides the cost and look.

Bike
'15 FJR ES
Installed a SHAD SH39 top box. Box is okay, underlying brackets a bit unsatisfactory. It works but does not strengthen the sub frame very much. The rear sub frame is a known weak spot on FJRs. Will probably do a retrofit of a Givi SR357 tail bracket in the future.

Top Bottom