What did you do with your Yamaha today?

Bike
04 ST
STOC #
Some of us think of this as the 'What did you do to your nonST today' forum.
No posts titled "just installed my heated grips", "Just did a dashlight upgrade", no quartet harness threads to read.
It's just not the same!
...(sigh)

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
No posts titled "just installed my heated grips", "Just did a dashlight upgrade", no quartet harness threads to read.
It's just not the same!
...(sigh)
Huh? This is the Yamaha sub-forum of an ST site.... that's why it's here, to discuss Yamaha bikes, just like the other categories in this 'Other Motorcycles' section.

OP
OP
ChucksKLRST

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
It's just not the same!
...(sigh)
Yep, no post on installing a cruse control ether. The FJR can be so boring.......until you twist the throttle.:D

I did go out to the garage today and check and see if air pressure in the tires are up to specs, as I am going to take the FJR out this week. The snow has melted and the streets are clear. Temps are going to be back in the low 60's again for a few days.

Bike
'15 FJR ES
Well, perhaps I can help with the boredom.

Yesterday Pop got his '07 FJR out of the dealership. We put a new OEM Gen3 rear shock on his Gen2. The Gen3 shock has a much stronger spring and better damping. His rear shock was pretty tired anyway so anything would have been an improvement. We also had a set of tapered roller bearings installed on the steering head. A very positive outcome but at a very high price.

I rode mine to work. Again. I ride it to work almost every night. It needs a bath, riding in the rain makes it nasty.

bcnu

o&o>
Bike
GL1800
I removed my peg lowering brackets. and went for a ride. can not decide if I want them or not. ying/yang good/bad
can not decide

Bike
2014 FJR 1300 ES
Moved the GPS to the left handlebar and finished the c/b/GMRS radio install. Also finished tweaking the Sena setup (SMH-10, SR-10) install. I can talk to anybody now….LOL!!!

Bike
2013 650 vSTrom
STOC #
I removed my peg lowering brackets. and went for a ride. can not decide if I want them or not. ying/yang good/bad
can not decide
Only put a peg lowering bracket on one side. See if you can decide that way [emoji54]

Bug Dr.

Extroverted Loner
Rode it back from Mobile, AL (yesterday). A little over seven hours in the rain on the way home. The bike did great cruising at 80-85 mph from south of Jackson, MS to Mobile, AL. I'm about to get the comfort dialed in just right for longer trips. I felt better after 500 miles on the Tenere than I did on any other bike I've owned. Very pleased.
Mike

OP
OP
ChucksKLRST

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
Moved the FJR off the lift and out of the way so I can put a new rear tire on the Suzuki Wee.

SAM_4498.jpg SAM_4499.jpg SAM_4500.jpg

Last edited:

bcnu

o&o>
Bike
GL1800
Changed out the clutch and brake levers for shorties. I like the feel

Last edited:
OP
OP
ChucksKLRST

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
The FJR moved a whole 220 miles today. Had a great ride today.....but then again I have a great ride every time I go out. Only had time for one picture as I was busy carving the local canyons.

See My Spot

SAM_4503.jpg

Last edited:

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
Great pic with a really nice bike in it! What's the pink string hanging off the left grip?

Bike
2014 FJR ES 2009 WEE
YES.......today I finally was able to get it out...aired up the tires, unplugged the battery tender, turned the key and it started like I rode it yesterday, not November 2.......had a great 150 miles dodging the sand and salt and breaking in the new tires I got 2 days before it sat all winter........you cannot imagine how great it was to whack some corners.....hopefully more of the same tomorrow before winter returns.........:D....(was looking for the really BIGASS smilie)..........ff

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
Thanks. Should have guessed that. Good idea on the bright color... might have to change mine, although I've not had to use mine, at least not yet.

OP
OP
ChucksKLRST

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
Me and the friend of mine (GuitarMan) who I sold my NT700V to, took off today and did a 240 mile loop today up to Pine Junction, down to Deckers, onto woodland Park, and then climbed up to Cripple Creek for lunch, and put a couple of bucks into the slots. After lunch head down the mountain to Colorado Springs and then took 83 back to Aurora and Home. Did not win any thing in the Slots but had ANOTHER GREAT ride with the FJR. Tomorrow time to wash and clean it up. Two days of 450 miles of Colorado Canyon riding in my back yard. It Don't Get Much Better Than This. Have I said how much I like this FJR. Honda is going to be hard pressed to equal or exceed it, if they even try.

SAM_4517.jpg SAM_4518.jpg SAM_4521.jpg

Last edited:
Bike
2014 FJR ES 2009 WEE
Just got done ordering the Cee Bailey reverse curve 23" windshield for my FJR.........hope it's all they say it is.....too windy and cold to get out today, hoping for tomorrow...........ff.........and Chuck's absolutely right about how nice that FJR really is.

Top Bottom