Purchased R1200RT

Darth rider

Site Supporter
Bike
BMW K1600 GT
I will take a pic of the bike with out the bags, really looks like a sport bike.

I plan on doing most of my own wrenching,I just like to do that.

Because of all the electronics there are a few more things that can go wrong, I hope not!
Nice looking bike! My wife is looking to purchase one in the near future. How many miles is on the one you bought being a 2014 model?

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
I was lucky a good used one came up,there are not too many on the market.

But in theory (my humble opinion) because of bmw's fly and ride financing which is three years low payment then balloon payment. There may then be a few on the market soon.
Yes, they tend to hit the used market at the end of warranty period. When BMW changed from a 36 month unlimited mileage warranty to the 36/36K it freed up a lot of three year old bikes. I'm sure you will have a good experience with your new RT. It's a beautiful example in blue.

Bike
2004 st1300
STOC #
Nice looking bike! My wife is looking to purchase one in the near future. How many miles is on the one you bought being a 2014 model?
My wife also gave me the go ahead a year earlier, just never found something I wanted that could surpass or equal the st. Wanted something lighter.

It had 5000 miles when I bought it. It had never been registered only used by bmw corporate to both train service techs and for execs to ride when coming to town.

Still has plenty of warranty left. Dealer painted the top box to match the bike. Replaced the tires with Michelin pr-4s. 6000 mile service was done at the corporate training facility. All part of the deal.

Here is a picture of the bike without bags and top box. Note that the rear tail section below lic plate is slid in down position and slides up to fit tight with upper fender, just another little thing.

Hard to find too many faults with be bike design. Bmw clearly listens to their riders. Lots of small details all combined to make this a great sport touring bike. Perfect, no, but a very good workable bike.

Attachments

Top Bottom