Need Ride Fix !

Bike
1984 Shadow 700
what do you guys do when life and weather make it impossible to get your fix on?? Im DIEING HERE !!! I need a long road trip and work/weather dont allow it!!!!

Bike
2018 NC750X
STOC #
Given your geographical location... You will suffer from PMS (parked motorcycle syndrome) a little longer than most of us. Sorry...

nerSTeve

Vendor
Bike
2007 ST1300A
STOC #
Re: Nneed Ride Fix !

Farkle. Or clean up the current ones. But yeah, what Vinny said.

what do you guys do when life and weather make it impossible to get your fix on?? Im DIEING HERE !!! I need a long road trip and work/weather dont allow it!!!!
We move to a warmer climate, and start enjoying life more!:03biker:

OP
OP
superdiver
Bike
1984 Shadow 700

I know, I know... I am working on retiring so I can ride more... dam economy is lowing down my plans tho...LOL

Bike
05 ST1300

I suffer from the same conundrum. Here's what I do:
1) Grin and bear it OR
2) Load up the bike and head south till you can ride it

rjs987

Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
2022 Kymco AK 550
2024 Miles
STOC #

Get a snowmobile? If you have any roads that get cleared to the pavement just bundle up and ride anyway... like I do. You've had some warmer temps than we have had, at times. You've also had some colder temps too.

Bike
'15 FJR ES

Been riding mine to work almost every night. Was 56F for my ride in last night, 33F for my ride home this morning. Was 60F for tonight's ride in, supposed to be 44F for the morning ride home. BRRRR!

The only ride I get is the work commute but at least it is a ride.

OP
OP
superdiver
Bike
1984 Shadow 700

Yes, warmer isnt the issue, i dont mind ridding in the cold... its the wet and 50+mph winds that deter me...LOL I have rain gear, but it just doesnt seem as fun....LOL

OP
OP
superdiver
Bike
1984 Shadow 700

I suffer from the same conundrum. Here's what I do:
1) Grin and bear it OR
2) Load up the bike and head south till you can ride it
I SOOOO hear ya...LOL.. thats my retirement plan. hopefully in a few years, I will just load it up and drive it somewhere I want to explore...

rjs987

Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
2022 Kymco AK 550
2024 Miles
STOC #
Really wanted to ride Monday, had the day off. But rain came along and a few other things needed to get done at home so...
Really wanted to ride to work yesterday, but due to the rain Monday that lasted into the late evening everything was wet when the temp dropped to just at freezing and all the streets were iced over everywhere. I slid the cage to work. I hate driving the cage due to ice in morning and then have it 50?F and dry/sunny on the way home. One guy I work with who also rides through the winter comes from 50 miles away and didn't realize about the iced roads. He had clear roads for the first 10 miles and then hit the highway... which was all ice. Even the state patrol and other cages were only going 20 mph there (limit is posted at 70) and he kept to the gravel shoulder just to keep from going down. Said it was the stupidest things he's done.
Really wanted to ride to work today. So I did. Drizzle last night was very light so it evaporated just enough to ride even though temps were just barely above freezing.
This really is a strange winter... warm enough for rain instead of snow in central Iowa (very unusual) and seems to be wet in the evening and just cold enough in the mornings to freeze. Then dries off with warmer temps during the day only to repeat that night! So far every day this week.

I want it either snow and stay well below freezing, and get it shoveled off, or rain and stay well above freezing. This business of rain and then freeze is @#$%^&!

PS- ready to retire and move south.

Last edited:
Top Bottom