ST1100 (2000) dual seat latch photo request

Bike
ST1100AY
Hi, I am in the process of converting from a solo seat to a dual seat, managed to get everything from a breakers and have it sent to me. Only problem is I can't work out where to mount the seat latch. On my ex police bike it has a special frame that brings the latch forward to catch the solo seat. I can't see what bracket the latch mounts onto to fit the dual seat.

Would someone be able to upload or PM me a photo of the latch as it is mounted for a dual seat (I had a look in the manuals but that didn't help much).

many thanks Steve

OP
OP
aSTerix
Bike
ST1100AY
Hi John, Thankyou for the link, yes that sorted out my query, it all made sense once i removed the solo seat latch plate.

Do people lubricate this cable, , i figure this would be a good time to do it!

Thx Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
2021 RE Meteor 350
Never lubed mine in 20 years. Lubes can actually attract dirt, causing problems. Best to just clean it.

Bike
92 ST1100
A little BLUE loc-tite on threads of latch mounting bolt MAY save vocalizing some choice four-letter words in the future.......DAHIK.

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R
STOC #
Never lubed mine in 20 years. Lubes can actually attract dirt, causing problems. Best to just clean it.
Yep, beyond collecting dust and dirt might oil actually even disintegrate the plastic sleeving inside, where the cable runs in.
Same for throttle and choke cable (MHO)... at max one could use a dry Teflon spray...

A little BLUE loc-tite on threads of latch mounting bolt MAY save vocalizing some choice four-letter words in the future.......DAHIK.
Another +1...
If the lock comes off the cross-member the cable won't unlatch it anymore, so the seat is stuck... one might then try tricks with bend cloth-hanger wire or "create" an access through the inner fender to release that darn lock again... both processes that will involve quite some amounts of fancy language...

Top Bottom