Dealer "never seen a ST1300 before"

Happily all those are easily fixable in the accessories aftermarket.

And in a way I am kind of glad they are not standard options, if they were would they be in a shape/location that would fit me. Would the designers place the forward pegs far enough out for me with a 36" inseam, or the seat sculpted for my size derriere. Handlebars, grips, etc... Why pay the factory for upgrades that won't work for me?

But factory cruise is definitely a one-size fits all option.
Pegs, seat, and handlebars: you said all are available in the aftermarket. Yes they are, and I understand what you mean about a factory installed option maybe not fitting you. No offense intended, but couldn't Honda add those so at least they fit SOMEONE, rather than NOBODY? LOL!! Look, I understands from riding Road Kings long enough that changing a seat is not only desired....it's IMPERATIVE!! LOL!! BTW, you have to change handlebars on the Road King too. They don't fit anybody.

Pegs, no that's another matter. THat is something that is SOOO personal I don't see how any manufacturer would be able to set them up for a one-size fits all position.

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
No offense intended, but couldn't Honda add those so at least they fit SOMEONE, rather than NOBODY?
Actually, there are a few who find it fine stock. Mostly shorter types, so you think somewhere along the whole import scheme they would have realized that. Probably the most popular addition is a bar riser, then seat, windshield and finally grips. At least that is what I have noticed, just MHO.

But I have changed all of those and more... so maybe Honda should offer to just eliminate that?

STDaveNW

Dave
Bike
2004 ST1300
STOC #
Good new here in the Portland OR market. Two places ( one a Honda dealer the other a service center) service the local PD bikes that run the ST1300.
Although neither has seen my bike.
Dave

My ST will be at the dealer next week getting new rubber put on. My fingers and toes are crossed....

One nice thing is that it's a small shop with only 1 mechanic who's been there over 25yrs so he SHOULD know what he's doing.

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
My ST will be at the dealer next week getting new rubber put on. My fingers and toes are crossed....

One nice thing is that it's a small shop with only 1 mechanic who's been there over 25yrs so he SHOULD know what he's doing.
Before you let them tear into the ST make sure they have the "MOLY" paste to lube up the drive shaft gears, some dealers will try to use regular grease which is not the right stuff and will cause excessive wear to the gears.

Bike
2012 St 1300
Ouuuuuch!!!!! You guys have me worried to death now :confused:

My new out of the crate 2012 that I just purchased 3 weeks ago is at the Dr due to the thermal switch issue that I have read about here.............struggled whether I was going to do the work myself (normal) or Mother Honda. And it was NOT easy to decide. Warranty was the deciding factor. When I dropped it off I made the service manager walk around machine with me and told him I have already had it apart and back together (farkles, I traded in my other 2012) and at this point there is only one scratch in clear coat thanks to original dealer in PA during set up...............and I don't expect anymore......look close because if I see another your dealership is replacing part.....he agreed....now I wait to get it back......hate it!!!!! :)

Before you let them tear into the ST make sure they have the "MOLY" paste to lube up the drive shaft gears, some dealers will try to use regular grease which is not the right stuff and will cause excessive wear to the gears.
Thanks. I will mention it...

st11ray

2006 ST1300
Bike
'06 ST1300
STOC #
Ouuuuuch!!!!! You guys have me worried to death now :confused:

My new out of the crate 2012 that I just purchased 3 weeks ago is at the Dr due to the thermal switch issue that I have read about here.............struggled whether I was going to do the work myself (normal) or Mother Honda. And it was NOT easy to decide. Warranty was the deciding factor. When I dropped it off I made the service manager walk around machine with me and told him I have already had it apart and back together (farkles, I traded in my other 2012) and at this point there is only one scratch in clear coat thanks to original dealer in PA during set up...............and I don't expect anymore......look close because if I see another your dealership is replacing part.....he agreed....now I wait to get it back......hate it!!!!! :)
The few times mine has been to the dealer were all under warranty. I always took all the plastic off myself and kept it at home away from all the shop gremlins that can scratch it while lying around the dealer's shop. The shop and tech also appreciated it as it cut way down on their labor time.

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
The few times mine has been to the dealer were all under warranty. I always took all the plastic off myself and kept it at home away from all the shop gremlins that can scratch it while lying around the dealer's shop. The shop and tech also appreciated it as it cut way down on their labor time.
This is what I also do.

Top Bottom