Cleaned the Bike today

Bike
2012 K-1600 GTL
STOC #
After a week of "colder" weather and a lot of rain, I decided that I had done enough homework and started doing some TLC on the ST. The 06 has been under its cover on the carport for several months now and the yard guys apparently blow a lot of cuttings up in there as they mow, cause it was not a clean as I was expecting.

As I started going over it however, I started remembering where a lot of the little dings, scratches and other marks occurred. There are the scratches on the lower faring I got when I went in the ditch on the way to Westoc in Redmond and Mark and Bryan had to help me out. The myriad fine scratches on the tank from pulling the tank bag bag to fill up quick during rallies. Some nicks in the tip over wings cause "stuff" happens...There are the little scratches on the right side case where Allie continually tapped on it during our 24 day outing for Westoc in BC and the bright shiny new cover on the left from when I lost a whole saddlebag in the night during the very first Big Tex Rally and folks here had a new one for me in less than a week.

There is still sand in the Givi from the infamous swim with Terry at PuttStoc where he talked us all into a dip in Lake Powell and a sticker for Moonshine that I have never got around to putting on the back. I still need to get a pop rivet for the front faring next to the windshield from when Rob hit a bird like a pop fly on the way to Pikes peak and then I hit it again on the way down.

After 100768 miles, the ST has never left me on the side of the road, has needed only one brake micro switch and one thermostat in unplanned mtce and even after its nice nap for the last few months, started right up and idled smoothly when I finished cleaning it and went out for a ride. I Like my new bike, I really do....But somehow, this one still "has it"; that's the only way I know to say it.

IMAG0208-L.jpg IMAG0206-L.jpg IMAG0197-L.jpg

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Not bad at all... sure wish I'd kept my 1300 but at under 60k miles it still had some decent resale value and helped us pay off a car so it made sense since I wasn't riding it as much... When Honda comes out with another ST and if it's as good as the 1300 then I'll probably set the tent in the backyard for a couple weeks after getting one.. lol

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
I suppose men have felt this way a long time toward the things that move us or take us places.

A man and his horse....... it's a wonderful thing. Thanks for sharing.

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
Westoc in Redmond and Mark and Bryan had to help me out.
hmmm.... I didn't know you were ever going to admit to visiting that ditch! :D You were very quick to shout "No Pictures" if I remember correctly!
I suspect there no pictures because AZST (Bryan) and I were grinning so much... ;)
It was a fun trip!
:D

Top Bottom