Thermostat Replacement Video?

Bike
2004 ST1300A
Is it too much to hope for that one of the 100's of people who replaced a thermostat on their ST1300 happened to have a camera rolling? I do have a service manual and several good write-ups, but I have yet to come across a Step-by-step guide of what parts to order, tools to have, and a detailed outline of the process. A video would be awesome! I wouldn't mind making one myself but I have had the bike for 33 days and this will be the first time I have done any type of maintenance. It would either be a 6-hour video or would take 2 weeks to edit out all the mistakes! Thanks for the help. Hopefully my thermostat and O-Ring will be here by this weekend and I can begin the procedure.

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
Is it too much to hope for that one of the 100's of people who replaced a thermostat on their ST1300 happened to have a camera rolling? I do have a service manual and several good write-ups, but I have yet to come across a Step-by-step guide of what parts to order, tools to have, and a detailed outline of the process. A video would be awesome! I wouldn't mind making one myself but I have had the bike for 33 days and this will be the first time I have done any type of maintenance. It would either be a 6-hour video or would take 2 weeks to edit out all the mistakes! Thanks for the help. Hopefully my thermostat and O-Ring will be here by this weekend and I can begin the procedure.
PM me your email address. There is a step-by-step with pictures tutorial I have in jpg file format I'll send you.

OP
OP
Bike
2004 ST1300A
Big thanks to Dave for supplying me with two great documents to help me with a t-stat swap and rad flush. He even included a picture identifying the "abyss"...the crevice where "all fastners, small tools, and keys go when dropped!"

Dave thank you so much.

Top Bottom