IGO Primo and uploading Custom routes

Toaksy

Tim Oaks
Bike
06 ST1300
STOC #
Ok so I am running IGO primo that I got from the GPSmapstore.com and had very little issues getting it to run. But now I can't seem t o upload custom routes to it does anyone running IGO primo have any tips. I seem to be confused about the file format. I originally thought that it needed to be .klm but I am not so sure now that it shouldn't be a .trk. Then again I may not be uploading it to the right location. Any help in with clearing this up for me would be greatly appreciated.

I have also had issues with getting the Navextras tool box working which is where the IGO site directs you for support and map upgrades anyone else having the same issue?

Thank you

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Assuming that Primo functions like IGO8 that I am using it expects .kml (Google Maps) files for routes. In IGO8, the routes go in a folder called \iGO8\CONTENT\USERDATA\ROUTE. I think for Primo it is \primo\content\userdata\route. You may have to create the lower level folders which is easy enough via the USB port on the GPS or a micro sd card reader.

OP
OP
Toaksy

Toaksy

Tim Oaks
Bike
06 ST1300
STOC #
Thank you Uncle Phill I had tried that but evidently I didn't know how to get to the route in the IGO program on the GPS got in now though works just fine. I guess I can still learn new things. I just have to make sure that that I mark the roads well that I want to take. Buy the way I have just started using Tyre and I really like that it works just like google maps where you can change the route by dragging it to the road you want to take. Can you do that with street and trips? As a bonus It also saves the route to the .kml format right in the program. I am using the free version right now thought I would give it a try before buying the program pretty happy right now with it might have to buy it soon. They are also coming out with a phone app that will allow you to share your tracks. Now I have to say I haven't used streets an trips I know it a good program but I question I have how easy is it to adjust the route in streets and trips.

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Tim - Thanks for the heads up on Tyre. Yes, in the later versions of S&T you can drag a route. But MS has decided to no longer provide the program so I may be looking for something later on. BTW on IGO8, It's MENU>ROUTES>LOAD ROUTES> and this shows you all of the routes the GPS 'sees'. KML routes are a different shade than routes built in IGO8 native.

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
can you tell me how to get to the load routes please?
1. The GPS software (IGO8 or PRIMO) expects .kml (Google Maps) files for routes. Freeware GPSBABEL can convert most GPS files to KML if need be.
2. If your GPS doesn't have one, create a folder in the CONTENT folder (which should be in the root directory) called USERDATA.
3. In the USERDATA folder, create a folder called ROUTE.
4. Copy any .kml routes files to the ROUTE folder and you should see them when you go to LOAD ROUTES.

This assumes you either connect the GPS to your computer via a USB cord (should be the one with the longer 'snoot') or you put the microsd card into a reader. If you hook the GPS to your computer, you will normally 'see' two removable drives - one will be internal storage and one will be the microsd card. In WINDOWS EXPLORER you should be able to create the folders, drag and drop routes, etc.

MajorTom

QuickBlue
STOC #
Thank you Uncle Phill I had tried that but evidently I didn't know how to get to the route in the IGO program on the GPS got in now though works just fine. I guess I can still learn new things. I just have to make sure that that I mark the roads well that I want to take. Buy the way I have just started using Tyre and I really like that it works just like google maps where you can change the route by dragging it to the road you want to take. Can you do that with street and trips? As a bonus It also saves the route to the .kml format right in the program. I am using the free version right now thought I would give it a try before buying the program pretty happy right now with it might have to buy it soon. They are also coming out with a phone app that will allow you to share your tracks. Now I have to say I haven't used streets an trips I know it a good program but I question I have how easy is it to adjust the route in streets and trips.
You might try RouteConverter, a freeware GPS software application. According to the web site, "RouteConverter is a free, user friendly GPS tool to display, edit, enrich and convert routes, tracks and waypoints." I've been using it with my Rage GPS and IGO Primo for a couple of years now with no complaints.

Bike
1999 ST1100
STOC #
Just checked out the GPSBabel and RouteConverter sites for converting .gpx to .kml

Seems that in order to download them, you get this message:

You will not be able to proceed unless
you check the box for PDFConverterHQ

I don't want any other included crap, just the program. What to do?

MajorTom

QuickBlue
STOC #
Just checked out the GPSBabel and RouteConverter sites for converting .gpx to .kml

Seems that in order to download them, you get this message:

You will not be able to proceed unless
you check the box for PDFConverterHQ

I don't want any other included crap, just the program. What to do?
I just tried downloading RouteConverter from this page and it was a straightforward download of the Windows executable file with no added "crap".

Top Bottom