Back up Keys

I do not hide a key. On trips I wear a spare key on a string around my neck under my T-shirt. Hard to lose it that way, and it's always with me.

And speaking of spares. I also carry a spare Clutch and Brake lever. If you tip over in a remote place and break one, you'll thank me.

Rayjoe

Bike
ST1300A
STOC #
I do not hide a key. On trips I wear a spare key on a string around my neck under my T-shirt. Hard to lose it that way, and it's always with me.

And speaking of spares. I also carry a spare Clutch and Brake lever. If you tip over in a remote place and break one, you'll thank me.

Rayjoe
A riding buddy puts a "notch" intro his clutch and brake lever a little way after the ball. His intention is that if the bike tips over, the notch would be the weak spot which would break off, leaving the rest of the lever unharmed to get you home. I don't know if he's tried testing his theory...

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #

Rayjoe
Good advice Rayjoe. Thanks.

Top Bottom