Is this where I catch the bus to Moose Jaw?

Bike
2010 ST1300
I have arrived in Moose Jaw via Banff, put on close to 5000km and will be here till Aug. 16th, If there are any ST owners in the area wishing for a RTE or RTC, I'm game
If this place were to be found on your side of the border, it might be worth a visit. I found their prices to be good, their service and warranty excellent, and their humor so juvenile that I stopped receiving their emails and severed all ties to them. Doesn't mean I won't shop there again if the price is right when I need something. http://www.moosejaw.com

Bike
FJR & Super Tenere
STOC #
If this place were to be found on your side of the border, it might be worth a visit. I found their prices to be good, their service and warranty excellent, and their humor so juvenile that I stopped receiving their emails and severed all ties to them. Doesn't mean I won't shop there again if the price is right when I need something. http://www.moosejaw.com
Their site says they're a Michigan company

Bike
FJR & Super Tenere
STOC #
I have arrived in Moose Jaw via Banff, put on close to 5000km and will be here till Aug. 16th, If there are any ST owners in the area wishing for a RTE or RTC, I'm game
So home via Shediac then? ;-)

If you haven't already travelled that way or even if you have, take the northern route around Lake Superior. Awesome.

And if you need a burger, beer & a bed in Muskoka on your way thru, look me up.

Go safely Rob

Last edited:
OP
OP
kiltman

kiltman

Site Supporter
Bike
2002,ST1100ABS
STOC #
Hey Kitman how are you enjoying your adventure!
I'm having an amazing ride. I clocked over 5000km so far. Last Thursday I headed north and stopped in Bala for a bit then rode to Algoma mills and dropped in to see another friend. I stopped at Sleeping Giant provincial park after a day of riding in the rain but still the views around Superior were awesome. I decided to continue on Hwy 11 and crossed into Minnesota at Rainy Lake and back into Manitoba at Tolstoi and stayed with a forum member there. From there I rode along the crimson coat trail spent the night in Medicine hat. Did a short trip to just North of Calgary and stayed over at a sheep farm. Last Wednesday I went to Banff and celebrated a 30th anniversary of a show I did at the Banff centre and visited my daughter who's working there. I hung out in Banff for a few days then on Saturday I headed back east through Drumheller and got as far as a provincial park just north of Swift Current. For the most part I traveled on back roads. The bike performed very well. The adventure goes well. Thanks for asking

OP
OP
kiltman

kiltman

Site Supporter
Bike
2002,ST1100ABS
STOC #
So home via Shediac then? ;-)

If you haven't already travelled that way or even if you have, take the northern route around Lake Superior. Awesome.

And if you need a burger, beer & a bed in Muskoka on your way thru, look me up.

Go safely Rob
Going back through the States for most of the trip, with a slight detour to Algoma mills and might be going through Muskoka in time for ONSTock......
Thanks for the offer, very kind of you

OP
OP
kiltman

kiltman

Site Supporter
Bike
2002,ST1100ABS
STOC #
I believe the company paid a royalty fee to the City of Moose Jaw....well rumour has it!

Bike
2010 ST1300
I believe the company paid a royalty fee to the City of Moose Jaw....well rumour has it!
Imho, the city got a bad deal. The company gave the name a black eye. At one point their employees were repeatedly flipping something off the store's roof (I forget what that item was, it was largely harmless) as and advertising gimmic. These flew down into the street, distracting drivers who complained that they were a safety hazard. The place has to be run by teenagers...... On the other hand, maybe their customers think they are very funny....

Gizmo

Dean
Bike
2014 Yamaha FJR
Sounds like you are having quite a summer of adventure and travel - well done! Would be great if your schedule permitted you to spin tales on the deck at Jeff's cottage at OnSTOC...

OP
OP
kiltman

kiltman

Site Supporter
Bike
2002,ST1100ABS
STOC #
Sounds like you are having quite a summer of adventure and travel - well done! Would be great if your schedule permitted you to spin tales on the deck at Jeff's cottage at OnSTOC...
Ya and I even have a bear story whilst in Banff with my daughter riding pillion!!

Top Bottom