Who knew motorcycling was such an active hobby?

ibike2havefun

Still above the sod
Site Supporter
Bike
Bikeless (9/29/2019)
STOC #
I went for a 200 mile ride today, with a couple other riders. Somehow, despite the fact that I was on my duff for a large fraction of the day, my Fitbit is reporting the following for today:

2,660 calories burned (slightly above par for a typical day)
12,515 steps for the day (REALLY??? I walked around the house for a few minutes before departing for the ride at 9:30, then rode 200 miles over the next 7.5 hours..., then walked around a little more- probably not even 1,000 additional actual steps)
126 flights of stairs climbed (well, we DID go up and down a bunch of hills; does the Fitbit use pressure altimeter to "measure" the number of flights climbed?)
72 active minutes

So, according to my FitBit at least, I had a very active day. Oddly enough I don't remember it that way. Has anyone else observed this phenomenon?

Attachments

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
The accelerometer in the FitBit thought the vibrations of the handlebars and any other exaggerated hand movement combined with bumps in the road were steps.

Bike
2014 FJR ES 2009 WEE
IF riding really was that athletic (and I don't mean off road or motorcross or any of that that is a workout) then none of us would have pie bellies or beer enhanced figures......YMMV....ff

FitBits are easily fooled. A good friend who loves to fish, has racked up huge numbers while reeling and casting. Or while you are sitting on the porch working on "enhancing your figure" and tossing a ball to your dog with the FitBit on its collar. ;)

Bike
2014 R1200RT W
STOC #
Wow, that make me want to ride a lot more, who figured you got so much exercise riding......

Top Bottom