Chicago Motorcycle Show Review

Mondo

Site Supporter
Bike
‘22 Moto Guzzi V85TT
Kevin, JimSTer, and I attended the show on Friday. Some people love these shows and some hate them. My take:

- If you hate big crowds, attend on Friday afternoon. Good numbers but not elbow to elbow.

- The show diminished in size for a while but has expanded the last few years.

- It is fun to be able to throw your leg over any bike out there, except the ST!

- The T-Rex makes the Can-Am look like a midget. Is it underpowered?

- Most vendors are twin orientated, but they are the dominant bike on the road.

- There are vendors that cater to our needs. I wanted a second helmet for epidemiology reasons and after research, decided on the Scorpion EXO-900X. Online, I would have ordered my usual large. Being able to try it on, I purchased an XL. Would have had to send a large back. Also got it for 15% lower than any online price out there. Jim had purchased size 9 boots online that were too small. Most boots are now EU sized and, for example, my size 12 needs are offered an EU 46 or 47. I need a 47. Jim was able to try on the boots and buy the right size at a good price.

- It is fun to be around a bunch of bikes in Chicago in February.

- Great to see a sign upon entering the parking garage that requires motorcycles to enter in single file only. With a temperature 0f 20 degrees, no problem there.

- Highly enjoyable to hoist a few with two good riding buddies at my abode the night before the show. I have plenty of room and all are welcome.

I look forward to next year's show breaking up the winter doldrums again.

Greg

OP
OP
Mondo

Mondo

Site Supporter
Bike
‘22 Moto Guzzi V85TT
One other note, The SPOT guy was there and we asked him about how long free tracking would be offered with subscription renewal since some of our yearly accounts do not expire for a while. He gave us his card, said contact me , and I will give it to you whenever you need it. $50 savings right there and he was really a nice guy!

Greg

Kevin_56

Site Supporter
Bike
20 R1250RT
STOC #
What Greg said. The two legged scenery was not that bad either, not that I was looking. Was kind of looking for ear plugs, but Greg reminded me of the soft self forming ones I had bought last year. I can say the K1600 GT is out of my price range at $29,953. Time to keep taking care of the ST.

Bike
2006 ST1300
STOC #
Good to meet up with the top 3 world renound ST riders, I enjoyed the show as well, especially the Polaris "Slingshot", bought a battery Tender Lithium battery and listened to the Harley electric bike try to replicate the sound of a ST1300. Kevin your right, some nice two legged rides also.

stew

OP
OP
Mondo

Mondo

Site Supporter
Bike
‘22 Moto Guzzi V85TT
One more thing, a local dealer was advertising new 2014 Tenere's for $11,400. I assume that is a decent price?

Greg

docw1

Bill Rankin
Bike
2012 ST1300A
STOC #
I went to the show on Saturday. Maybe I'm getting jaded or already have most of what I want/need, but I didn't see much there that excited me. Just a seat-of-the-pants, guess, but it seemed to me the crowds were smaller than before, and fewer vendors also. I walked around a couple hours then left. Certainly not worth fighting the wind and a couple brief white-outs on I-88 getting there.

Bill

Top Bottom