first 2 up ride on the ST

Bike
2004 - Blue!!
All I can say is WOW! On my previous bike, it would always feel out of balance when the wife was on board but on the ST I can barely notice her. After a few kids my lovely wife isn't as skinny as she once was and I always felt challenged with her on my previous bike. I kind of wish I had bought an ST sooner LOL. She really like is and is super comfortable too. I've slowly getting use to the overall weight of the bike and that is getting easier everytime I go out. I'm sure loving my new ST!

Last edited:
OP
OP
greentreena
Bike
2004 - Blue!!
actually last year she wanted to learn to ride so I got her a SUZUKI S40. The ST was for me as my Katana was getting uncomfortable after 4-5 hours.

My wife and I took our first mc trip this year. She's trying hard to like riding two up....and it's getting better each time. She's already talking about our next trip. The ST is a great bike for two up....

Bike
2010 Honda ST13
actually last year she wanted to learn to ride so I got her a SUZUKI S40. The ST was for me as my Katana was getting uncomfortable after 4-5 hours.
In addition to my ST1300, I also have the Suzuki S40. Both are great bikes. The ST for the long haul and the S40 for the local rides. The S40 is a great lightweight, "beginners" bike with plenty of power for the experienced rider. Hope you enjoy both.

MajorTom

QuickBlue
STOC #
I'm glad your finding your new STeed so enjoyable to ride. Two-up riding was the reason I chose the ST over other options. However, I found the ST was severely undersprung for two-up riding and had the rear shock rebuilt with a heavier spring. You'll find lots of information on this (and many other things) on the ST1300 tech forum.

OP
OP
greentreena
Bike
2004 - Blue!!
I suspect, it will be my daughter mostly riding with me as my wife will be riding her S40, My daughter is a light weight so no need for a suspension change. I do enjoy reading all the tech stuff on the site: good to have if I feel a change to the bike is warranted.

The wife's S40 is a lot like my first bike: I still haven't decided if I like it yet but she does and that's all that counts!

Bike
18 Gold Wing
STOC #
Yep the ST is a great two up bike. Once you are rolling you don't even realize someone is back there! We took a camping trip two up on the DL 650 and won't do that again! We've done several multiple day trips with camping gearon the ST without a hitch, she gets a little top heavy with all the gear but once she's moving no problems and still average low to mid 40s mpg:).

Last edited:
OP
OP
greentreena
Bike
2004 - Blue!!
Both my kids love riding but my daughter really loves it. The hope is that when my wife is ready, we do a family ride.

Top Bottom