Went down yesterday

Erdoc48

Site Supporter
Bike
94/00/04 STs, FSC600
Wow, just wow...
Get better soon.
I wonder what the other driver was doing when he hit you (was distracted obviously...on his cellphone or looking down at the dash).

Everyone be careful out there, as now they're coming after us even when parked!

Bike
Vstrom 650
Glad you had your helmet on before the idiot crashed into you,drivers seem to be getting worse everywhere, between mobile phone users,boy racers,drug/drink driving and elderly people you really shouldn't be driving at all, and then the average bozo who just doesn't see bikes,
be safe everyone,it's a lottery just trying to survive!!

OP
OP
JoeP
Bike
2015 BMW K1600GT
Congrats on your survival!

The perp stayed around?
I hope so!
I'm not sure if he did or not. I never saw him. When they rolled me over the blood ran into my eyes so I couldn't see. The witness said someone, other than the original driver, drove off with the car. I have to wait 7 to 10 days to get the police report (Dallas PD red tape) before I'll have any of his info (insurance and otherwise).

Gerhard

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 R1200RT
Sorry for your accident and I am glad that you only got some bruising out of it. Similar incident happened to me in 2012 except I was fortunate enough not to be on the bike. Driver backed into the bike while leaving a parallel parking spot, sad thing was the vehicle had a backup camera. Anyway driver stayed and payed for my damage and I was kind of relieved that the first scratch could be attributed to someone else.

Gerhard

Chance

Taming the dragon!
Bike
'07 ST1300
Chicks dig scars! ;) Just really glad it wasn't worse from your picts it,might easily have been!

John Anthony

Bike
'03 ST1300A
STOC #
Joe,

Thanks for the post. Another great reminder of ATGATT. So thankful you're still around as from the looks of things this could have had a much worse ending. Hope you heel quickly and well and that your insurance company does right by you.

John

ibike2havefun

Still above the sod
Site Supporter
Bike
Bikeless (9/29/2019)
STOC #
<GASP />

+1 on all well-wishes, hope for speedy recovery and hassle-free insurance claims, etc.

Jury still out on the driver; as others have noted you don't want to rush to judgment ahead of the facts. At best it's highly unfortunate and regrettable; at worst, borderline criminal and downright reprehensible.

Bike
ST1300, VT750C
So glad you got to share the story. Hope the healing goes quickly and the paperwork goes smoothly.

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
I have to wait 7 to 10 days to get the police report (Dallas PD red tape) before I'll have any of his info (insurance and otherwise).
I'll cross my fingers that someone caught the licence and the PD were able to do their job well.

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Wow that just plain stinks getting taken out like that. There are so many reasons to worry about being around any moving vehicle as people today are so distracted by all of the modern things we are doing. Also you have the elderly to worry about that do not want to give up their freedom of driving. I hope you heal fast and have no problems with the insurance company.

Bike
R1200rt
wow,,,I looked (but didn't feel) just like that after a hockey game and 2 week before my wedding/ but I cant imagine what it felt like with a suv on top of you. I'm glad your going to be ok..... AMEN

Bike
'07 ST1300
STOC #
Joe, unbelievable report. So sorry for the accident but thank God you were protected with your gear. I sure hope insurance does you right.

Bike
2013 650 vSTrom
STOC #
Holy Jezz Blazz Joe. Sure glad your OK enough to post. Weird accident, that's for sure. Amazing you weren't hurt worse. Heal fast and listen to your body. Best of luck to you!

Bike
2010 ST1300
The pictures you posted brought this collision home in a way that the description could not. It was really scary seeing you lying on the pavement and the bike nearby.

Hope you have a speedy recovery.

Top Bottom