New Race Tech springs different length. - have a question.

Bike
'08 ST1300
Okay, so I got these brand spanking new Racetech springs and upon installing, I noticed one spring is 1/8" longer than the other. Yup, for real. :mad:
Same part number and same spring rate.
So I went ahead and installed but used an extra washer on the short side. The washer is almost an 1/8" thick.
I plan on contacting Racetech Monday to ask them but I was wondering if it will be a problem to go ahead and ride on these without an issue.
Thanks

mlheck

Site Supporter
Bike
'18 BMW K1600GTL
STOC #
I had the same issue with a set of Sonic springs I bought. The extra length does not equal a extra spacer as the spring is compressable and follows the spring rate where spacer is not. I was told to use the same shim length on both sides and everything would balance out as a unit.

Bike
'97 ST1100
STOC #
I was wondering if it will be a problem to go ahead and ride on these without an issue.
Just ride it, its OK. FWIW, on my 1100 I adjusted the preload using only one fork cause the left tube has much quicker access. Instead of 3mm difference like you have, mine is something like 20mm, its been so long I cant recall the exact amount.

OP
OP
Bike
'08 ST1300
Thanks for the advice. I went ahead and removed the extra washer I placed as suggested.
-Set my preload and all is good.:)

Top Bottom