"The Single Most Mind-Altering Photograph Humanity Has Ever Taken"

Bike
None
STOC #
Thank you for sharing. The incomprehensible vastness of our universe, and the tiny speck of that vastness which is our planet Earth, was reinforced as I watched Hubbel 3D at the IMAX theater while visiting the National Air and Space Museum at the Smithsonian Institute this past Monday. Although it is becoming increasingly difficult to escape the effects of light pollution, at least in the Western world, when one does find a spot where countless stars are visible to the human eye on a clear night, he realizes that the stars he is able to see are but a small portion of the billions of stars which comprise the universe. That experience is humbling.

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #
Great picture! But I expect such spectacular pictures, today, given the progression of technology, the decades of thinking about space exploration, and the many sci-fi movies that have stretched our thinking over the decades.

For me, that picture is not as mind-altering now as the following one was at the time--this picture paused mankind when it was first displayed:

Top Bottom