CEO of Honda Motor Company Steps Down

Bike
2013 Triumph Trophy
Does anyone know if Takanobu Ito was the CEO of just the Honda car company or all of Honda's vehicle divisions?

OP
OP
bmcdonau
Bike
2013 Triumph Trophy
I wonder if his replacement might alter the direction of the motorcycle division. The article mentioned that Ito was pushing new technology into products and that might have accounted for some of the weird in the new bikes. Anyone care to venture a guess what impact this might have on disenfranchised Honda motorcycle owners?

Bike
2021 RE Meteor 350
Anyone care to venture a guess what impact this might have on disenfranchised Honda motorcycle owners?
None. Honda has bigger problems than us moaning about no new ST, or the weird bikes. For example, the new Mexico car assembly plant is suffering from the inability to find motivated, quality workers (but what can you expect when you go to a country to exploit cheap labour) and there are also huge problems with finished cars from Mexico being vandalized for parts before they even get shipped out of the country.

scootac

Will Ride for Food
....Anyone care to venture a guess what impact this might have on disenfranchised Honda motorcycle owners?
None of a positive nature!
How many CEO/COO/CFO ever come from the technical or engineering side of manufacturing???
Like it or not, right or wrong, bean-counters get those positions.

Bones

Your Humble Scribe
Bike
2014 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
None of a positive nature!
How many CEO/COO/CFO ever come from the technical or engineering side of manufacturing???
Like it or not, right or wrong, bean-counters get those positions.
The new CEO, Takahiro Hachigo, is an engineer who has spent his entire career at Honda. He oversaw the development of cars including the Odyssey minivan and CR-V crossover. No doubt he counted a few beans along the way, but he's an engineer by training.

OP
OP
bmcdonau
Bike
2013 Triumph Trophy
The new CEO, Takahiro Hachigo, is an engineer who has spent his entire career at Honda. He oversaw the development of cars including the Odyssey minivan and CR-V crossover. No doubt he counted a few beans along the way, but he's an engineer by training.
I'm hoping he makes a positive change.

Ron

Bike
ST1100s
STOC #
I'm not counting on anything but bus-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------p

catcher

Site Supporter
Bike
'18Wing, '16VFR1200X
Had an interesting conversation with one of the lads from Honda Canada, at the Toronto motorcycle show this past Sunday. Although he had no knowledge of any new ST, and didn't think it likely, he did lead me to believe there might well be a new "adventure" bike in development. There was a 700 on display, fitted with bags and dressed up to look adventurous. I pointed out that more motor would be needed to cater to us - the baby-boomer generation. Although he didn't spell it out, I think based on his comments that we may well see something from Honda to compete with the likes of the Super Tenere and the GS. I hope so!

OP
OP
bmcdonau
Bike
2013 Triumph Trophy
If so its about ten years too late to the dance. But I guess better late than never.

scootac

Will Ride for Food
.....There was a 700 on display, fitted with bags and dressed up to look adventurous. I pointed out that more motor would be needed to cater to us - the baby-boomer generation.
My thoughts have always been that if you need/want something bigger than 7-800cc in an Adventure bike....You're not off the road far enough.
Then there are the folks that want to look adventuresome... and ones that ride adventuresome-ly.
But it's their $$$.

Bike
2003 ST1300a
Had an interesting conversation with one of the lads from Honda Canada, at the Toronto motorcycle show this past Sunday. Although he had no knowledge of any new ST, and didn't think it likely, he did lead me to believe there might well be a new "adventure" bike in development. There was a 700 on display, fitted with bags and dressed up to look adventurous. I pointed out that more motor would be needed to cater to us - the baby-boomer generation. Although he didn't spell it out, I think based on his comments that we may well see something from Honda to compete with the likes of the Super Tenere and the GS. I hope so!
There's been a story on a GS forum suggesting much the same, they were suggesting it's a new Africa Twin. But the pictures showed more of an updated Varadero than a new bike, but they may have been a magazine mock up drawing rather than something from H.

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
Honda had a new 1000cc(?) concept bike in Italy a couple months ago, True Adventure. Lots of info on various forums, gotta be here somewhere too.

As to Honda in general: they have spent A TON of money on their airplane, they've taken some hits on car safety concerns, and they are included in the big air-bag fiasco. Their car sales are down a few percent and their stock has been relatively flat for the last 4 years. Just not as dynamic as they used to be.

OP
OP
bmcdonau
Bike
2013 Triumph Trophy
Toyota has taken some hits too. There's so much new technology every year its hard to get right every time.

Top Bottom