Jackets BMG Motorcycle Jacket reviews???

scootac

Will Ride for Food
Do any of you have these jackets, specifically the Mercury jacket?

http://britishmotorcyclegear.com/jackets/mercury-jacket.html

I saw them at the Cleveland bike show, and they looked pretty damn nice!
Full of features, good all-weather and crash protection and priced at $ 249.
Maybe should have got it then and there, but I'm never one to be too hasty, and I still love my 15 year-old Kilimanjaro!
Since then, I can't really find any reviews of the thing, other than magazine write-ups, which who knows what the 'agenda' is there.
So how about some real-world rider reviews and reports????
Thanks!

Last edited:

SteveST1300

Site Supporter
Vendor
Bike
03&04 ST1300
STOC #
George I know Del has used these in the past not sure of which model but he liked them, that was a few years back.

OP
OP
scootac

scootac

Will Ride for Food
Looks like these are not well-known or popular!
And I'm not sure why... maybe because they don't distribute them thru the usual retailers???
2 replies here, neither first-hand knowledge, nothing on ADV!
How about you folks on the other side of the pond?

LetErBuck

Brian Oehlert
Bike
2007 ST1300A
OMG !! Hell yes!!! We, my wife and I own BMG. Cannot say enough great things about the jackets. They are top notch.
We have a heavier one than the one you are looking at but I am familiar with it and am looking at it as well!
The ones we bought have a zip out liner for colder riding temps. We are looking at the one you are for warmer riding days...it is better vented and lighter than the ones we currently own. All I can say is BUY it!! You'll love it.
If you need BMG pants I have two pair I am looking to sell. They are very nice. Worn only once. The legs are just way too long for us. Message me for more info. if you wish. Take a look at my albums. The jackets are in some of the photos.

LetErBuck

Brian Oehlert
Bike
2007 ST1300A
They are very popular with the SHINER crowd...BMW owners.
My local BMW dealer carries Belstaff, BMG gear. Maybe you could look at your local for starts.

Bike
1999 ST1100
STOC #
Looks like a nice jacket George. Yep, wonder why we never seem to hear about em?
Is this one long enough (not 3/4)?

OP
OP
scootac

scootac

Will Ride for Food
THANKS!!!
A real user!!!
Heard from a couple guys on ADV also, seem to have the same opinion.... good quality gear at a very reasonable price.... that nobody knows about!?!?
What size pants do you have? Long legs might be a spoiler for me too.

OMG !! Hell yes!!! We, my wife and I own BMG. Cannot say enough great things about the jackets. They are top notch.
We have a heavier one than the one you are looking at but I am familiar with it and am looking at it as well!
The ones we bought have a zip out liner for colder riding temps. We are looking at the one you are for warmer riding days...it is better vented and lighter than the ones we currently own. All I can say is BUY it!! You'll love it.
If you need BMG pants I have two pair I am looking to sell. They are very nice. Worn only once. The legs are just way too long for us. Message me for more info. if you wish. Take a look at my albums. The jackets are in some of the photos.

Bike
GL1800A/ST1300A
I had the Belstaff Mercury jacket. It's the short jacket versus the 3/4 length. Loved it. Great armor, very good cold and wet weather jacket. Rode in hard rain for several hours and I was dry as a bone. Downside is they are too hot in warmer weather. BMG was the US distributer, now they make the BMG brand. Very nice people to deal with. Good stuff???????.

Top Bottom