Top 3 things you like and would change about the ST

Bike
'06 ST1300 ABS
STOC #
I like:
1. That wonderful, powerful, smooth, dependable V-4 engine.
2. The electric windscreen
3. The fairing wind protection

What I would like different:
1. Cruise control
2. Better stock seat
3. 100 lbs less weight

But I tend to agree with Bamarider--Honda most likely isn't going to make any changes anytime soon, at least not in the US. They'd rather push the Wing here.

OP
OP
Rider33
Bike
ST1300A '10
I think all the posts have covered the likes and wants for this bike. Before I bought this machine my one concern was the heat issue. I read lots of reviews from owners. Very few said the heat can be extreme, still in most posts regerding the heat most say not bad. Some go as far far as to state not a problem. Am I riding a different bike (2004 st 1300). Fortunately for me I live in Colorado. Last summer rode to Big Bend Texas it was unbearable. One rider posted nuclear plant between the legs. Agreed.
Heat is a bit like seats & bar position, personal set points vary. If it bothers you there are a number of good posts which offer ways in which it can be mitigated. In my case, personal calibration solved that. Take any air-cooled big twin thru say southern Utah in July and all of the sudden your ST will seem down right brisk:D

DaveH

Max Spying
Bike
2005 ST1300
STOC #
Guess I could lose 20 pounds, but then I'd probably be too weak to push it backwards out of the garage or heft it off the side stand. No way could I lose a hundred pounds. I'd look like a death camp survivor.

And geezalou, how much wind do you guys ride around in? Must be much windier in California than Ohio. I didn't notice it when I was out there riding last year. Are there a bunch of guys on lighter bikes tumbling around like tumbleweeds out there?
If you ride the Sierra's, the Mojave Desert, the Bay Area, or parts of the Central Valley, you'll discover some wind at one time or another.

Bike
2012 Goldwing
I really like the ST1300. It's the nicest bike and only fully faired bike I've owned. I am trying to remember if any manufacturer had a model for so many years though without a single change. Maybe the V-max which was eventually updated. Off the top of my head. My nit picks.

1. Better hose clamps. Yep I had a leaker. An injustice on such a wonderful motor.
2. Simpler plastic removal. I have a mind like a sieve, getting older, and not good at doing puzzles.
3. Front suspension adjustment.

the Ferret

Daily rider since May 1965
Bike
21 NC750 14 CB1100
2024 Miles
If you ride the Sierra's, the Mojave Desert, the Bay Area, or parts of the Central Valley, you'll discover some wind at one time or another.
Dave, I rode 2 of the passes in the Sierra's last year as well as up the PCH from Morrow Bay to San Fran. The only horrific wind I experienced was in Colorado after leaving Pikes Peak, headed back east, and even with the weight of the ST I was riding on a 45 degree angle much of the time. My buddy on a V Strom fared the same as I and his bike was much lighter. I would rather put up with lighter weight (easier to move around, better gas mileage, better tire wear etc) for the last 7 years than the benefit of the heavier weight for 1 day riding in the wind. Just my opinion. If I had to ride in heavy wind more maybe I'd feel differently, I don't know. I know the dirty air off semis moves this bike around a lot more than my 150# lighter naked CB 1100.

Top Bottom