Hesitant in writing this

Brad & Anita,

You & Alex will be in my prayers and thoughts. Thanks for keeping us included. And give my regards to your son's friend - it's great to be able to help financially from a distance so easily.

Bike
'12 GL1800
STOC #
Thanks for the update....& the link. Keep us posted. Let me know if you come thru my neck of the woods, if your trip east is still a go.

John

carpdm

Site Supporter
STOC #
Brad and Anita,
I'm sorry to hear the news about your son. My oldest sister is waiting to hear her treatment for lymphoma. I will keep you both and Alex in my prayers.

OP
OP
Grabcon
Bike
2020 Moto guzzi V85T
Anita and I just got back from spending 3 days with Alex during his second session of chemo. I think, at least by talking to him this session went better than the last. He knew what to expect this time.

So he is seeming to be good. Everything after his first session is as expected from a medical sense. From a mental stand point I think he like most and does not want this but on the other hand he is hitting the cancer straight on mentally and is determined not to let this disease get the best of him.

Anita and I are beat. We drove straight through from Denver to Lexington, KY, spent 3 days with Alex and drove straight through on the return trip. Yep it was in a cage. Yep we are toast right now. Already planning a trip in May.

The GoFundMe donation site is going well. It has reached +52% of the goal set up by Alex's friend. Wow. It is amazing the folks that come out to play. Thanks All for your thoughts, prayers and donations.

One other thing we found out is that because of the accumulated volume of the masses in his chest he will have radiation treatment after his 6 months of chemo.

Last edited:

gmast1100

Gettin old sux
Bike
2016 Kawasaki Versys
STOC #
Brad, so glad that you and Anita were able to be with Alex although the travel there and back very draining. But knowing you two, you'll do whatever it takes to help your son. Here's a "High Five" to Alex.

Bike
Suzuki Gladius
I'm glad you and Anita were there with him, Brad. I'm sure your presence had a positive effect on the treatment.
Hope you both get some rest - you have to take care of yourselves, too.
More good thoughts winging their way to all of you from here.

Patty

OP
OP
Grabcon
Bike
2020 Moto guzzi V85T
I am sure that it did. I just spoke with him and he took his bike (1978 CB550) out yesterday for a ride. So he must be feeling okay.

OP
OP
Grabcon
Bike
2020 Moto guzzi V85T
So if you are interested attached is a news letter that my son's girl friend has put together. I find this an interesting way to keep folks informed of the situation and progress.

AN News.jpg

Bike
2004 Honda ST1300
Brad I'm very sorry for the news of Alex's cancer. I will be praying for him and also for you and your wife. Hopefully the treatments will take and his cancer will be wiped out.

OP
OP
Grabcon
Bike
2020 Moto guzzi V85T
Well as of yesterday we know things are changing, hopefully for the good. The lump on his neck is no longer painful and he has not had any coughing for a couple of weeks. So this is all good We hope. We will no more on this Wednesday which is chemo day (every other Wednesday). He gets blood work and a talk with the Doc before every treatment.

The bad news is that his hair finally started to come out. So he shaved his head. If that is the worst out of this that will be good.

Again thanks to all for your best wishes, prayers. and donations to GoFundMe, which is at 58.85% of goal.

OP
OP
Grabcon
Bike
2020 Moto guzzi V85T
Yesterday Alex was to have another chemo treatment and now it is postponed a week. The chemo has made his white blood count to low for treatment. Now he is off his planned treatment schedule and next week they will see where the white blood count level is. If still to low than they have to introduce an alternative treatment plan which promotes white blood count growth but can damage his lunges.

Bike
Suzuki Gladius
Hopefully this is just a "glitch" and Alex's white count will find its way back to normal, quickly.
Still thinking of you all and sending thoughts of strength and perseverance. Hang in there, Alex.

Patty

Bike
ST1100
Best of luck Alex.When my niece was 17 years old she was diagnosed the same as you,she came through all the unpleasant stuff and is now a 32 year old cancer nurse who is able to give confidence to her patients by sharing her own experience.Love to you and yours.

OP
OP
Grabcon
Bike
2020 Moto guzzi V85T
Thanks much for the comments and thoughts. CG I love the positive outcome your niece had. It has been many years since she has been treated. The Hodgkin's Lymphoma treats are very standard now and the success rate is extremely high so even with the slight set back we have a high confidence level that he will make it through although there will be some difficult road ahead.

OP
OP
Grabcon
Bike
2020 Moto guzzi V85T
Alex had another successful chemo treat yesterday. His white blood count is back up without additional treatments. So this is good. He had to go buy a can of draino as his hair is falling out and clogging his shower drain.

Lymph nodes are shrinking and at the monument there seems to be no really issues. Which is great news. So now we wait another two weeks and see what happens.

Thanks again to all.

http://www.gofundme.com/nd1d54?fb_action_ids=950729298285271&fb_action_types=og.shares&fb_ref=undefined#

Top Bottom