Hesitant in writing this

gmast1100

Gettin old sux
Bike
2016 Kawasaki Versys
STOC #
Alex had another successful chemo treat yesterday. His white blood count is back up without additional treatments. So this is good. He had to go buy a can of draino as his hair is falling out and clogging his shower drain.

Lymph nodes are shrinking and at the monument there seems to be no really issues. Which is great news. So now we wait another two weeks and see what happens.

Thanks again to all.

http://www.gofundme.com/nd1d54?fb_action_ids=950729298285271&fb_action_types=og.shares&fb_ref=undefined#
Brad, that is just GREAT news. We're all still prayin for Alex, you, and Anita. The best to all of you.

toby267

I just found this thread today. Our prayers go out to Alex and his family, and we have donated to his fight!

Toby

Bike
97 ST1100
STOC #
Hi Brad, just reviewed here to see how things are going, good to hear Alex is doing better. We continue thinking of you all with thoughts and prayers.

Best, Ed

OP
OP
Grabcon
Bike
2020 Moto guzzi V85T
It is that time again for the bi-weekly update. Alex had a very tough day today with his chemo treatment. Everything still is progressing well but his blood count has dropped again but not enough to warrant skipping todays session. But there were issues. His injection port is plugged so they had difficulty getting the needles in for the treatment. Not fun being poked multiple times in the same spot with a big needle.

Anita and I just spoke with him and he sounds like he had the crap kicked out of him. We will talk with him again tomorrow or Friday and hopefully he will be better by then. Not much more to say at this moment.

gmast1100

Gettin old sux
Bike
2016 Kawasaki Versys
STOC #
Thanks Brad for update on Alex. Still sending thoughts/prayers his way and your way too.

Bike
Suzuki Gladius
Still thinking of you all and pulling for Alex. Again, hope this is just a setback and hope he feels better quickly!!

Patty

OP
OP
Grabcon
Bike
2020 Moto guzzi V85T
I just realized that I forgot to write something as an update to Alex's progress last week, I guess because it was rather uneventful. He did have chemo on Wednesday April 29th but he had a really good session. It was not like the previous session where he got the crap kicked out of him. Anita and I talk with him on Tuesday this week and he sounds great, in fact to the point where he said he does not even feel like he is sick other than chemo days. To me this is good and bad good because he feels great but bad because he may get lack in doing the right things to not get sick, like taking his antibiotics regularly and not eating healthy.

So Monday after mothers day we head out to see him again. Our number two son Ryan is coming with so he can spend a bit of time with his brother before he heads off to Europe for several months. Next chemo day is May 13th hopefully this too will be an uneventful session.

Oh yea one other note, Alex was notified that he now is making to much money and his free health care is going away and he now has to sign up and pay monthly premiums plus he will have co-payments and annual deductibles. Thank goodness his friend set up the GoFundMe donation site as it looks like he will put that money to good use.

Bike
Suzuki Gladius
Wow. Subsidized health care is great...but not so great when they take it away from you!! :(
Very glad to hear that Alex is doing well! Hope all of his future chemo sessions are as uneventful as the last!
Have a great visit with him and his brother and hang in there, all of you!

Patty

OP
OP
Grabcon
Bike
2020 Moto guzzi V85T
The fortunate thing with Alex's health care program it will not cost him a lot of money in the grand scheme of things. If he continues with the subsidized coverage and does not go through his work it will run him about $70 a month and a $1500 annual deductible. So for a little over $2300 annually he is covered. And for the treatment he is getting that is cheap.

He does have two other options, he can reduce his working hours or go through his work for coverage. Both are really non options. Reduce the hours so the health care is free and you cannot make the bills. The coverage through work is at least double of the public health care.

gmast1100

Gettin old sux
Bike
2016 Kawasaki Versys
STOC #
Sounds like a 'Catch 22' for Alex. Hope that it works in his favor. Also hope he continues to improve. Getting old might suck, but being on Medicare and TriCare for Life does have an advantage. Have to pay for Medicare, not TriCare for Life, well I did give 20 years, but any medical issue are covered 100%.

OP
OP
Grabcon
Bike
2020 Moto guzzi V85T
Well he is and this is where the GoFundMe donations are really going to start to help.

OP
OP
Grabcon
Bike
2020 Moto guzzi V85T
Anita and I spent the day with Alex during his 6th chemo session. He is now officially past the half way point of treatment. Al of his blood work was good so he was able to stay on track with his current schedule. He did have a fan club today besides Anita and I there was his long time girl friend Erin and his brother Ryan who he has not seen in well over a year Maybe even two. Ryan was in the Army and in Afghanistan and Germany finished his obligation at the end of January. So this is good for Alex.

After chemo today we went and had a good lunch and a long walk in the Lexington Arboretum. I think the distraction of so many people visiting kept him going today. Hopefully the couple of days will be good for him before we go back to Denver and is brother takes of on his next adventure. He fly's to Europe on Monday with a one-way ticket. We don't know when we will see him next. Out house is empty again for a while.

Bike
97 ST1100
STOC #
Anita and I spent the day with Alex during his 6th chemo session. He is now officially past the half way point of treatment. Al of his blood work was good so he was able to stay on track with his current schedule. He did have a fan club today besides Anita and I there was his long time girl friend Erin and his brother Ryan who he has not seen in well over a year Maybe even two. Ryan was in the Army and in Afghanistan and Germany finished his obligation at the end of January. So this is good for Alex.

After chemo today we went and had a good lunch and a long walk in the Lexington Arboretum. I think the distraction of so many people visiting kept him going today. Hopefully the couple of days will be good for him before we go back to Denver and is brother takes of on his next adventure. He fly's to Europe on Monday with a one-way ticket. We don't know when we will see him next. Out house is empty again for a while.

Good to read Brad, glad Alex is progressing, continued best wishes for all of you. See you & Anita in CO. Ride safe....porfavor' ;)

Best, EJ

OP
OP
Grabcon
Bike
2020 Moto guzzi V85T
There are 6 more chemo sessions over 12 weeks, From what I am hearing this is the easy part. Then he will have 28 consecutive days of radiation. From what we hear this is the tough part. But he is doing very well and his Doctor like his progression. After his next two treatment he will have a PET Scan to really see what has happened with the tumors. It will tell the real story. So we will see and hope for the very best.

Bike
Suzuki Gladius
Fingers and toes still crossed and I'm keeping all of you in my thoughts.
Stay positive and strong Alex - the light's at the end of the tunnel!

Patty

Top Bottom