Seeking info on Coastal ride NJ to SC

snowdigger69

Snowdigger
Bike
1998 ST1100A
STOC #
Has anyone done a ride south through NJ Cape May to Va Beach Greenville Nc Myrtle Beach on to Charleston? Any information on any portion of this route woyuld be helpful! Snowdigger69 Moe

Bike
2004 ST1300
Have done that ride a couple times garden state to cape May ferry then there is the bay bridge and tunnel we had a fun ride don't forget to check ferry times. Have fun!!

Bike
2006 ST1300
I've driven through Cape May and its a nice drive...riding would be even better. Once back on dry land most of the ride to the bay bridge & tunnel isn't anything memorable- just urban sprawl with a few beaches thrown in. After you go across the bridge/tunnel things will get better. The cities are still just cities with water on one side, but there are more rural areas in between. I found I liked the coast of NC the best. Lots of nice small towns along the coast.

Bike
2004 ST1300 ABS
For this coastal ride you would need to keep an eye on the calendar. The traffic in July and August is bad, and traffic on weekends in July and August is even worse. June, September, and October are good times to take this trip.

In NJ you can hug the coast from Atlantic City all the way to the Cape May. After taking the Cape May ferry to Lewes Delaware, you can head south on Rt 1 along the coast through Delaware. Eventually you will end up passing through the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel to Virginia Beach. Continue South to the NC Outer Banks for a great coastal ride with some ferry rides along the way. Then South to Wilmington NC and then Myrtle Beach. Enjoy the trip!

Bike
2010 Honda ST13
It may not be everybody's cup of tea and I've even heard it called boring, but I like the ride through the NJ pinelands on Rt 563. Just long straight stretches of relaxing (boring?) roads through pine forests.

Similarly, I also like the Virginia part of RT13 on the Delmarva peninsula which runs down to the bay-bridge tunnel. And bay-bridge tunnel is pretty cool too, but potentially boring.

Bike
2004 ST1300
no sir i was part of the lucky bunch my number was never called and thanks for your service i get up north a few times a year to ride maybe we can meet up if this snow ever stops!!

Top Bottom