George Jetson's Car

Bike
2004 ST1300A
Dunno about Two Brothers; my experience is only with the Staintunes that the OO installed on my bike so I've never ridden with the OEMs. I find that I don't hear them at all after I reach about 25 or 30, but on a ride with a couple others last month they both commented that the did hear them when they behind me. Not so much when I was trailing, AFAIK.

Any chance that you may simply learn to tune them out?
I think so... Others have commented and I agree, they seem loudest around idle speed. Probably due to the fact that you are sitting still at that point and there is no wind noise to drown them it.

Every once in a while I'd like to push a button and go into "stealth mode" like they did with the helicopter in the show Airwolf. My dad flew helicopters for a living and couldn't bear to watch that show...It was too unrealistic (especially the stealth mode). I guess neither helicopters not motorcycles can defy physics and mute themselves at a touch of a button...Well except other than the kill switch!

OP
OP
ToddC

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
But if you hit the kill switch it will not make the cool Jetson's car sound......... ;-)

Bike
2019 GL1800
STOC #
I didn't like the extreme quiet of the stock exhaust, I need a bit of something to hear when I throttle on. Staintunes with baffle tips make's the ST1300 purr just the way I like it, and when in passing mode and a gear drop or two, it screams like a Ferrari.

OP
OP
ToddC

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
Wow, Thanks Clicker,

That looks like you had too much fun filming that. Which muffs were those? The Staitunes? OR Two Brothers?

Thanks for posting. TC

clicker666

2005 ST1300
Bike
2005 ST1300
Wow, Thanks Clicker,

That looks like you had too much fun filming that. Which muffs were those? The Staitunes? OR Two Brothers?

Thanks for posting. TC
Not mine, I just Googled it for you. It's the Staintunes with Baffles that you said you wanted to hear some day. I decided today was that day for you. :)

Top Bottom