ST1300 Front Right Caliper Oddity

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
No, but thanks for the heads up and great detail in your report.

TC

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
You need to take that picture again with the pads in place to see if there is still interference!

Bike
1&2 2005 ST1300ABS's
STOC #
jfheath said:
Previously I used to slip the outside pad in so that the tag was seated, and then lift the eye end up against the spring and insert the pad pin part way, then slide the inner pad in, in the same way. This with the caliper bolted onto the forks and the wheel in place.
That's exactly how I insert my brake pads.
With all the talk about these springs, I never touch them. Sure they have a bit of dust on them, but the more times you remove and install, those tabs that hold the spring securely in the caliper will lose their spring. Also, I have heard you can install them backwards.
If I do want to clean around the spring, I spray a bit of simple green degreaser and use a 1" paint bush to move around the dirt and then flush it out with water.

Also, for everyone's information, buff up the piston and make then shiny clean before you press them back into the caliper. They should go back into the caliper by pressing them with your hands if they are squeaky clean.

Top Bottom