ST1100 Fairing Clips and Bolts?

OP
OP
Was kind of afraid of that. Was hoping for something like the Murph's stainless kit for the Concourse, but searching didn't find anything...

Bike
2020 Moto guzzi V85T
Try here

http://www.grainger.com/product/GRAINGER-APPROVED-U-Nut-4CUH4?s_pp=false&picUrl=//static.grainger.com/rp/s/is/image/Grainger/4CUG7_AS01?$smthumb$

Slydynbye

Will ride for Pie
Bike
2000 ABSII
STOC #
I tried to get some non Honda U-nuts and found the biggest problem was that the Honda nuts are pretty narrow. That is critical to fit in the space provided in the fairing.

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R
STOC #
... a slight smear of copper slip on the threads of every single fairing bolt ...

DaveWooster

'95 ST1100ALS and '98 Standard ST1100W
Bike
1995 ST1100A
STOC #
Most of the fairing "bolts" are called Truss Head Machine Screws (5mm) and can be had in zinc plating from any good hardware store. Freestyle Don Cortes probably has them in OEM black, and maybe in silver color, like the pair found under the headlight. (Don prefers official Honda part names and part numbers.)

The clip nuts are 5mm, and I've not yet seen them new. Don would again be a good possibility; they are not used on Honda cars.

Six millimeter Flange Bolts are again standard hardware, but the ST's Spring Nuts (6mm) they mate to are not. (Standard automotive U nuts are seldom used by me for an ST.)

What other clip nuts or special bolts are there, not covered above, but needed by the Thread Starter? (Again, descriptions from an ST1100 parts list are preferred.)

Last edited:

When I rebuilt my fairing I used the type of bolts shown above.The bolts on the left were used where Honda used a shouldered bolt. I was not able to get the spacers shown but I was able to make my own spacers by superglueing 3 or 4 fine nylon washers together. The bolts on the right were used in all other places. These are stainless fasteners and are readily available in various lenghts on ebay or the likes very cheaply compared to the genuine Honda items. The clips as someone mentioned above are very narrow and I was not able to find a source for them other than the genuine Honda items.

I just bought a full set, windscreen ones with washers and the backing pieces, clips, screws, all in stainless full bike set ?37 on ebay. There are a lot on there.

OP
OP
I did see some kits on ebay, but they were all from the UK. Not sure what shipping to the states would do to the cost, but a full kit would be nice to have....

Top Bottom