Pants vs overpants?

Bike
Vstrom 650
Good Kevlar jeans with ce armour and a leather armoured jacket does me most of the time,on the rare occasions we get hot summer days textile pants with vents open and armour in the knee and hip areas,waterproof overpants over the textile jeans are handy if rain is on the horizon,
I can't find leather pants to suit me right,too many pies as has been said the likely cause:)

Bike
2010 ST1300
If you come over to the UK whatever you do don't go into a Gentleman's Outfitters and say to the salesgirl "I'd like to see your pants." As you will be viewing the inside of one of our wonderful police cells. :law1: :22yikes:
Doesn't it depend on the girl?.......

JQL

Growing old disgracefully :)
Bike
NT700VA
I don't think many of us are "in the prime of life" from a young lady's point of view.

Back on topic I wear Gore-Tex over-trousers with removable armor and a removable inner lining in the winter. In the summer I wear jeans with Kevlar lining and removable armor in the knees and hips.

John OoSTerhuis

Life Is Good!
Bike
1991 SSMST1100
STOC #
For the last 27 years: PANTS. Aerostich 2pc Roadcrafter pants. With knee and hip pads. Enough room for long johns. In warm weather I carry a pair of lightweight nylon "modesty shorts" to pull on over my LDComfort Shorts when I shuck the RC pants. Many of you at STOC events have seen me execute that maneuver. :)

Saves on packing space and there's no extra pants seams to irritate on all-day rides.

FWIW YMMV

John
via iPhone 4S

Last edited:
Bike
2004 ST1300
I should note that while I usually wear a one piece suit, I do have a mesh riding jacket and will sometimes wear it with Duluth Trading Company firehose pants in the summer. Fortunately I just scored a set of riding pants on "pay it forward" which I'm looking forward to using with the mesh jacket.

OP
OP
Afan

Afan

... and this is my real name.
Bike
1998 ST1100
STOC #
While checking on my boots on Saturday (https://www.st-owners.com/forums/showthread.php?144093-Motorcycle-boots-or-just-quot-regular-quot-boots&p=1834237&viewfull=1#post1834237) I saw TourMaster Pants (http://www.motorcyclegear.com/street/pants/textile_pants/tour_master/caliber_textile_motorcycle_overpants.html). Regular price $179, I got it for $149. It's XXL but XXXL would be more comfy (NO, I'M NOT FAT!!! :D). I like overpants more but these are nice too. With the liner it's a little bit tighter then I would like, but I believe it's new feeling for me after regular jeans and/or old military winter pants from surplus store. Specially knee and hip pads. Today I took the liner out and had only bike long tights under the pants - and was really enough. Over Summer just shorts :).

Thanks guys for your inputs, I really appreciate it.

Top Bottom