There Seems to be Another Option Out There - Aprilia Caponord Rally

Byron

STOC #
Just saw this in Rider Magazine online. Seems the 2015 model has some nice options like;

"the Caponord Rally sports lighter spoked wheels in place of the crossover?s cast items; more specifically, a 3.00 x 19-inch front and 4.50 x 17-inch rear, versus the cast 3.50 x 17 and 6.00 x 17 combo. There?s also a standard skid plate and brush guards, auxiliary LED lights, oversized, manually adjustable windscreen and larger 33-liter hard bags. The tubular-steel frame remains unchanged, but new triple clamps tweak the steering geometry more towards off-road use. A new exhaust system and ECU mapping boost low-end and midrange power while maintaining the claimed peak 125 horsepower from the 1197cc, 90-degree V-twin engine. Like the crossover Caponord, the Caponord Rally also incorporates the full suite of Aprilia electronic rider aids: ride-by-wire, antilock braking, traction control, cruise control, and the real gem of the bunch, Aprilia Dynamic Damping (ADD)?a fully active system that automatically adjusts rear shock spring preload as well as compression and rebound damping in the shock and fork."

Seems like BMW might want to watch out and it seems Honda isn't even trying to stay in the game. :(

Bike
'05 ST1300
STOC #
My friend Mickey is riding one of the "regular" CapoNords, and he's really happy with it. The Aprilla is an excellent value, with hard bags included in a fairly reasonable price. It also has ABS, traction control, etc. Mickey switched from a Ducati MultiStrada 1100.

Just saw this in Rider Magazine online. Seems the 2015 model has some nice options like;

"the Caponord Rally sports lighter spoked wheels in place of the crossover’s cast items; more specifically, a 3.00 x 19-inch front and 4.50 x 17-inch rear, versus the cast 3.50 x 17 and 6.00 x 17 combo. There’s also a standard skid plate and brush guards, auxiliary LED lights, oversized, manually adjustable windscreen and larger 33-liter hard bags. The tubular-steel frame remains unchanged, but new triple clamps tweak the steering geometry more towards off-road use. A new exhaust system and ECU mapping boost low-end and midrange power while maintaining the claimed peak 125 horsepower from the 1197cc, 90-degree V-twin engine. Like the crossover Caponord, the Caponord Rally also incorporates the full suite of Aprilia electronic rider aids: ride-by-wire, antilock braking, traction control, cruise control, and the real gem of the bunch, Aprilia Dynamic Damping (ADD)—a fully active system that automatically adjusts rear shock spring preload as well as compression and rebound damping in the shock and fork."

Seems like BMW might want to watch out and it seems Honda isn't even trying to stay in the game. :(

Honda isn't even trying to stay in the game.
Honda still has six 2012 ST1300s in the warehouse and they are NOT bringing out a new model until they are sold! :rolleyes:

And yes, the Aprilia is one sweet looking machine.

pete

Steve398

... another retired Black Rat.
Bike
2018 BMW R1200RT LC
I had an ETV 1000 Capo 2 bikes ago, a cracking bike but the electrics were somewhat dubious.

I REALLY like the look of the new one and the suspension looks great - lighter/more flexible/cooler and up to date with all the things that people are wanting on the ST, the reviews are excellent too, although the peculiar cruise control gets a hacking...

I have a date for a test ride on one as soon as the test bikes get registered over here.

Bike
2013 Triumph Trophy
Looks like fixes one of my complaints about adventure bikes--the buffeting from the windscreen.

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
Supply chain...
If you fall over and break any part you'll be waiting quite a while for parts.

A friend really loved the bike and waited 3 months for a windscreen when he dropped it due to a oil spot under his foot at a light.
An ignoble end to his ride for 3 whole months.

Ride safe all!
Mark

Bike
2021 Tracer 9GT
STOC #
Honda needs to bring the 1200cc VFR v4 powered Crosstour to the US. I did a tour of France and Spain last spring and one of the riders in our group was on one of these. It is an impressive machine.

Bike
2012 ST1300A
None of the many folks I ride with have been able to avoid repeated electrical gremlins with Aprilia. Most get to the pint the dealer just starts throwing parts at the thing, to get it out of their shop. One finally had his bike taken back under Lemon Law. They're good looking to be sure, but No Thanks.

Top Bottom