Tall rider - buffeting/very bad wind noise, unridable almost, solutions?

Bike
1996 ST1100
+1 on the use of the ClearView shield w/cateyes......with the added LaminarLip, not any better can be had, IMO. That combo also greatly improves stability in high winds and left/right rear corners of 18wheelers when passing;).

This! I'm 6-3 and the above setup worked for me.

Clearview XL plus Laminar Lip mounted high as possible did wonders.

Bike
2003 ST1100P non ABS
That red pan looks nice, same top box E52 Maxi I think as going on mine, just got to get my lid painted then backrest and luggage rack and additional lighting mounted up.

Ok so I bit the bullet and bought a MRA vario maxi smoked. I'll let you all know how I got on. ?120ish all in from these guys, he was very sure on the phone it would fix the problem. It's endorsed by the ST1100 club of North England and the guy on the phone says he has sold hundred and is very confident it's design will totally fix the buffeting. So here goes.....

http://www.bikehps.com/acatalog/Honda_ST1100_Pan_European_1993-2002_MRA_Adjustable_Motorcycle_Touring_Screens.html#aCOL31920

Greg, I'd be interested to hear how you get on with the vario maxi. I had the standard height vario and tbh still got buffeted pretty badly with it set to max. flip up, though much better than the stock screen. I'm 6' 3" with 35" inside leg so a bit below your head height. My screen bit the dust when a pigeon attacked me (posted video earlier) so am on the lookout for a replacement. Was thinking of trying just a flip up clip on extension to the standard screen but may go for the vario maxi if you think it works for you.

Thanks,

Gareth

Bike
ST1100AS
I'm 6'6" and know very well what you suffer from, I too live in UK and bought a Clearview XL for my trophy which set me back ?230!!! Before I got one for my Pan I bolted on an old visor from a fullface lid as a sort of adjustable laminar lip and it worked so good I kept it and saved my money, doesn't look too bad either and until I point it out to people they don't really notice it! :)

Top Bottom