Drivers and Passenger backrests from grasshopper ltd.

Bike
2007 st1300 silver
I just saw these on ebay and I would like to know if anyone has purchased this backrest, and do you like it. It looks like it would work.

Bike
2005 & 2006 St 1300
STOC #
I have one on my stock drivers seat and find it very comfortable. It was very easy to mount with the provided hardware. I was also able to adapt it to a Corbin seat with minimum modifications. I have not tried the passenger as I have top box with back rest.

Bike
2005 & 2006 St 1300
STOC #
I am about an 1" shorter then yourself and find it great, I also have the MCL highway pegs and cruise, it becomes a very comfortable ride. To be able to change to multiple positions on a long ride is a necessity. When you have the urge to go fast through the twisties it's not in the way.
The Corbin was just a drivers seat, but I went back to a modified (a little high density foam was added) stock seat. I found the Corbin comfortable for about the first hour of a ride and then that comfort changed to "Crap this is a hard seat".
Hope this helps, when I bought mine I felt I couldn't go wrong for the $99.

Cucho

Carlos
Bike
2007 ST 1300A
I have the driver's backrest on a Sargent seat. It's nice to lean back from time to time. For the price, I don't think you can go wrong.

Cheers,
Carlos

Bike
2006 ST1300
I ordered a riders backrest from Grasshopper a couple of weeks ago. He builds them to order, but I received it in just a few days! Nice quality build and looks nice. Matches the stock seat vinyl perfectly.

I found the bracket on the rest positions it about an inch or so forward of the gap between the rider and pillion seats. This was pushing me into the tank a little too tightly for comfort. I emailed him back and was pleasantly surprised to find he offered to build me a custom bracket that would move it back for me.

Again, I received it in just a few days. Amazing turnaround! The new bracket gave me back about an inch or so and lines up evenly with the gap between the seats. I'm very pleased with the result and cannot say enough about the positive Customer Service experience I had with Grasshopper. For the price I paid, this backrest does the job for me, by providing the lower back support I need to ride for extended periods with lower back pain.

I would highly recommend Grasshopper to anyone interested in a quality backrest at a reasonable price.

Bike
No bike
STOC #
Any updates on long term use? or pictures installed? Their website only has one pic from the rear and I'd like to see it from the side... $85 seems pretty reasonable

Bike
2006 ST1300
I recently moved mine from the stock seat to a Sargent seat and it functions perfectly for my purposes. I basically use the backrest just to keep me from slouching in the seat on long rides. It eliminates the low back pain I would get if I didn't have the backrest, by propping my lower back and keeping me sitting in a more upright posture.

Sorry, but I do not have a way to post any photos.

Bike
2005 ST1300
I dealt with him when I bought one for my old Vulcan. Great guy and service.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

skipcurt

Skip
Bike
'18 BMW R1200 GSA
STOC #
I've had one for several years on my Russell. I love it. Attached in minutes with no modifications. Don't get me wrong, it's not like you're going to lie back on it like a recliner. It's meant for low back support. I've never felt like it was in the way or a bother at all. If you moto camp then you will lose a bit of seat space for bags etc but nothing major. I can't comment on space or comfort for a pillion as I never have one. I have plenty of pics or can take new ones for whatever you're looking for.

Skip

Bike
2006 ST1300A
2024 Miles
I too have a grasshopper backrest. The best part that has not yet been mentioned is that this backrest is short enough that I can easily get my leg over it even while standing on the ground. If you are short get up on the peg and it should be no problem. A taller backrest would make it hard to get your leg over... This one is just right and makes my lumbar happy.

Bike
2019 Goldwing Tour
I also have one on mine. To be honest I go in spurts on using it. I like it and have used it on longer trips but for normal daily commute I leave it off. It does push me a touch forward but not TO bad, although that might be the reason I don't just leave it on. I didn't know the manufacturer would/has offered a different mount for it or I would have asked about it when I ordered.

I've had it over a few years and it still looks new.

Received my Grasshopper Limited backrest today. Easy install but needed longer bolts than the ones I had to install the additional hardware. Nice quality, good position for using MCL Highway Wings. I'm excited to ride with this farkle, and the price was awesome.

Last edited:
Top Bottom