Mid-March in the cold, frozen north...

Bike
ST1300A
STOC #
...and soooo close to that end of March call to the bike storage people: "Can you get her ready, please?"
The next three weeks are the longest three weeks in a Canadian motorcyclist's calendar.

Bike
ST1300A '10
and here on the west coast of Wisconsin we've already hit 60 a few times, quite a change from last winter which seemed never to end. Then again, I'll likely wait for a few good rains to clean things up before taking the big ST out. The best cure for March up north is a week in Florida:

Norm

Vendor
Bike
KLR650
STOC #
I'm choked up with cherry pollen allergy. There may have been 3 or 4 days this winter in which one couldn't ride. Tee shirt weather if one is working in the sun right now. DW plans to plant peas as soon as the rain stops.

Bike
'15 FJR ES
Here in South Louisiana the grass (WEEDS) are growing and my yard needs cutting. I can't get my lawnmower out because it has been raining so much it will sink. I will be putting a few miles on the bike this afternoon, it will be nice to ride it somewhere other than back and forth to work. It is 70+ degrees and mostly sunny here now after what has been a harsh winter by our standards.

STill STylin

Red is ALWAYS faSTer
Bike
2005 ST1300A
STOC #
Well Pasadena, CA recorded 91F today. A bit early for these temperatures . . . . .

Thank you,
-Elliot

scootac

Will Ride for Food
Not as far north as you, but haven't had any of the bikes started since November.
Snow is well on it's way to leaving, but still crap on the roads and temps 20s to 40s for the most part.
Not to mention 80 yds of mud between the bikes and pavement!
Maybe in a week or so....

Bike
2007 ST1300
If misery loves company, i'm your company! Another month here for sure. Still lots of snow, days still cold with ice on the roads every morning AND then the potholes will come. They are already pretty bad and it has only just started to thaw. Yeah, another month or more.

Bike
2004 ST1300/XR650L
STOC #
60F in lower Michigan today. It's heading your way! I got out twice so far but it's predicted to cool down before the weekend.

Dennis

kiltman

Site Supporter
Bike
2002,ST1100ABS
STOC #
The snow is melting fast here, I saw 43F on a sign today, but way too much salt and crap on the roads. I did take the bike out of the garage, but that's as far as I got. It will remain parked till I come back from Winnipeg at the end of April. It's gonna be a long 5 weeks.

Bike
'15 FJR ES
Well if it helps I spent almost an hour riding my lawnmower today. I left muddy tracks almost everywhere I went and the yard still looks terrible but at least the knee high weeds are knocked down. You could be cutting grass and getting bit by mosquitoes.

Bike
2007 ST1300A
Okay you can all hate me now, but I haven't missed a day riding all winter. If we can call it winter in Cali. We might need to truck in some of your water though! :D

Bike
ST1300, VT750C
79F on the ST riding home from work today. We might dip below freezing a time or two before Old Man Winter finally let's go of us, but his grip is weakening fast. I also got to celebrate my nephew's wedding on the NC beach last Sunday where it was mid 70's and lot's of folks in their bathing suits enjoying the warm sunny day but mostly staying out of the water. There were a few determined surf boarders in wet suits, but I think they were encouraged by the Canadians.:confused:

ReSTored

Site Supporter
Bike
2019 Tracer GT
STOC #
It was 13.9C yesterday according to my digital thermometer (that .9C really makes a difference you know), but only 3C today. Is winter really over?

I need a couple of days of 10C+ and sunshine before I venture into my unheated garage to do spring type things to the ST.

rjs987

Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
2022 Kymco AK 550
2024 Miles
STOC #
Been up to 80+?F in central Iowa already this week. Been riding most of this year so far in spite of some days below zero.

Top Bottom