• Start with a City beginning with A
    • This is BY STATE
    • Similar to the Tag contest, there will be one thread per state
    • Post a picture of your bike AND some sign, building etc which clearly shows the city/state you're in
    • The next person posts from a city with the name beginning with B, then C, D, etc
    • You can't posts back-to-back pics, you have to wait for a person to post the next city
    • Once Z is reached, the game starts over with A
    • If your state doesn't have a city beginning with the next letter in sequence, it's okay to skip that letter
    • If the location sits for more than one month, the person that posted that is open to move it to the next letter.

The World Wide game is a bit different as it is by whatever is considered a geographic type of regional category, state/province/village etc. and all those will be in the single World Wide A-Z topic.

WI: A to Z (Round 5)

Mary-Anne

Site Supporter
Bike
2020 Tracer 900 GT
STOC #
avalanche.jpg I know the rules say "city". But, I thought it would be a bit more challenging to find small towns. Really, really small towns. Avalanche is on the corner of County S and County Y in Vernon Country. Zippo population but, it is on the map. Look what I found for a sign!! I also had a camera without a SD card in it and had to use my phone. The picture with my bike in front of the wonderful sign wasn't saved. Guess I'll have to try again. Darn!! :D

Bike
2000 BMW K1200
Re: Wisconsin

Got home from moving the WI Tag and posted it at 7:41 PM. Had to leave right away to get to an 8 PM retirement dinner for the local high school ag teacher so figured I would post the A-Z tag when I got home. I submit that my tag IS legal, in that it is a town and has my bike in the picture. Judges, what say you???

Jim

Attachments

Bike
2000 BMW K1200

This seems like the most appropriate time to switch to "Plan B"!! Ever been to Byron? Brownsville? Berlin? Beaver Dam?

Jim

OP
OP
Mary-Anne

Mary-Anne

Site Supporter
Bike
2020 Tracer 900 GT
STOC #

That's a no, yes, yes and yes. :) I was thinking Brandon. Then Cambria, just in case. Maybe Doylestown to be on the really safe side.

Scooter

This space for rent...
Bike
2019 BMW R1250RT
STOC #

Son of a Beechwood, I like that idea. I will strive for unincorporated towns if possible...

Beechwood.jpg

OP
OP
Mary-Anne

Mary-Anne

Site Supporter
Bike
2020 Tracer 900 GT
STOC #

The really, really small towns didn't work for me. So, I decided to find fire stations . . . looks like I better try again :) boscobel.jpg

Scooter

This space for rent...
Bike
2019 BMW R1250RT
STOC #

Looks like I beat you to the punch. I actually thought that I was going to be the punching bag this morning... ;)

That's one bonus to this game. You really can't get scooped since we aren't tagging here. So feel free to post your duplicate letters, you put in the ride...

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles

That's one bonus to this game. You really can't get scooped since we aren't tagging here. So feel free to post your duplicate letters, you put in the ride...
+1... it's all about the ride and a couple same-lettered cities are no big deal, just move on to the next letter. I need to get off the sofa and get some Texas additions.

Scooter

This space for rent...
Bike
2019 BMW R1250RT
STOC #
Re: WI: A to Z

Jim, I go past that PO quite often.

Since I couldn't post 'C' I went looking for 'D' last week . As I was taking a picture of my bike next to the sign outside the town of Dakota I realized that the camera was telling me to put the memory card back into it. Kind of hard to do when its sitting at home in the computer... :eek:: :banghead:

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles

Jim, I go past that PO quite often.

Since I couldn't post 'C' I went looking for 'D' last week . As I was taking a picture of my bike next to the sign outside the town of Dakota I realized that the camera was telling me to put the memory card back into it. Kind of hard to do when its sitting at home in the computer... :eek:: :banghead:
That's priceless... did you think to use your phone instead? Don't tell me your phone doesn't have camera :eek:

Scooter

This space for rent...
Bike
2019 BMW R1250RT
STOC #

That's priceless... did you think to use your phone instead? Don't tell me your phone doesn't have camera :eek:
Sad to say this happened to me about 4 years ago also. Fool me once...

I've yet to climb into the 21st century and get a smartphone (that will likely be changing soon) and I have never taken the time to figure out how to upload the crappy photos that my phone takes because they are low resolution. I guess the real reason is that it gives me another reason to go out for a ride...

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles

Sad to say this happened to me about 4 years ago also. Fool me once...

I've yet to climb into the 21st century and get a smartphone (that will likely be changing soon) and I have never taken the time to figure out how to upload the crappy photos that my phone takes because they are low resolution. I guess the real reason is that it gives me another reason to go out for a ride...
LOL.. well, I can't argue with any of that... I thought about going out and getting the whole alphabet then storing and posting that as they come up... but what fun is that, would rather take 26 trips.

Kevin_56

Site Supporter
Bike
20 R1250RT
STOC #

I have D, but the camera is 30 miles away. It is even Unincorporated. No matter what, I will post my FIND. Was out preriding Friday's WiSTOC route NOTE - LOTS of chip seal. Have to change up the route and hope the new roads are not sealed also. Did not have the time to back track and see if they were good roads.

MR Q.

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300
STOC #

Sorry Kevin, But I also have D. The big City of Dundee. Ok maybe not so big, but they have a nice Hamburger Haus and good ice cream.

Dundee.jpg

Scooter

This space for rent...
Bike
2019 BMW R1250RT
STOC #

I'm glad cyclenutz posted F since this was the one I was going to post and some might think it belongs in "L"...

Lake Five.jpg

Top Bottom