question for short riders.... looking for pants for short riders?

Woodchuck

(Lyle)
Bike
2018 BMW K1600GTL
STOC #
I'm having trouble finding a pair of riding pants for this short guy. Any ideas? I'm 5'-4' with a 28 inseam and most pants are 33" as a regular. I'm looking for a manufacture out there that has short sizing with an inseam of 30" and Yes the St is lowered ha ha.

Lyle

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
I have some nice rev it pants I need to sell and are the short version, I'll check the sizing in about an hour when I'm back home and let you know if they might work for ya.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
I'm having trouble finding a pair of riding pants for this short guy. Any ideas? I'm 5'-4' with a 28 inseam and most pants are 33" as a regular. I'm looking for a manufacture out there that has short sizing with an inseam of 30" and Yes the St is lowered ha ha.

Lyle
I have some Rev'it Sand pants in XL Short. The sizing is very off in these pants as I got them when I was a 34, 32 now and they are too loose for me. The inseam is 30 and seems right. I thought I'd try a pant vs over pant but I like over pants better. Anyway, that is one option.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/revit-sand-2-pants

Gerhard

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 R1200RT
Lyle could there be tailors that are able to alter something you bought off the shelf? I remember Gert bought a riding jacket at the bike show that was from a small manufacturer in Ontario. Maybe p.m. him.

Soon have two wheels on the road again, how are you going to choose which summer toy to take. Nice problem.

Gerhard

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
The nice thing about the olympia pants is they have a 6 inch section that can be taken up. I've never done that because the ankle velcro pretty much keeps things in place.

Bike
2004 ST1300
I had some Darien pants made custom at Aerostich in Duluth, MN a bunch of years back. I stopped at the factory in person to order them. The women who was going to sew them came down from the sewing floor to the showroom and took all the measurements she needed. She said she'd have to remove material both above and below the knee. It's nice that all the pads, zippers, and Velcro all land where thier supposed to. My inseam is also less than 30". Not inexpensive, but I've since put a lot of miles and years into them. I believe they still offer the service, both in person and over the phone.

Ken

ScubaDave

Site Supporter
Bike
st 1300
STOC #
Lyle, give Aerostitch a call. They will custom cut some to keep everything in the right places. You can do this via mail/phone or stop in and see them.

OP
OP
Woodchuck

Woodchuck

(Lyle)
Bike
2018 BMW K1600GTL
STOC #
Yeah Aerostitch was my first choice but now with the falling Canadian dollar would add an extra 25-30% in top of the $650 for the pants. Yes I know your going to pay for good quality and I was willing to stretch the budget to the$ 650 but not $800. A lot of the pants have the Gortex liner and I'm not to sure about that at all. If that's the case I might as well buy a mid priced pant and put my Foggy Togg rain pants over top.
Lyle

OP
OP
Woodchuck

Woodchuck

(Lyle)
Bike
2018 BMW K1600GTL
STOC #
I have some Rev'it Sand pants in XL Short. The sizing is very off in these pants as I got them when I was a 34, 32 now and they are too loose for me. The inseam is 30 and seems right. I thought I'd try a pant vs over pant but I like over pants better. Anyway, that is one option.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/revit-sand-2-pants
Hi Joe
The look okay on the video that I can see. The xl size I think is just a little small I would need the 2xl for sure. Rev"it seems to have some options.
Lyle

LetErBuck

Brian Oehlert
Bike
2007 ST1300A
If you can find anything in a youth or boys size the legs are much shorter than adult and fit MUCH better.
I know, I am also vertically challenged.

gmast1100

Gettin old sux
Bike
2016 Kawasaki Versys
STOC #
The nice thing about the olympia pants is they have a 6 inch section that can be taken up. I've never done that because the ankle velcro pretty much keeps things in place.
Agree here. I am on my second pair of Olympia Moto-X pants and had to have them shortened. Seamstress did a very good job on first pair and am taking the new ones to her soon. Still enough Velcro left at the bottom.

ScubaDave

Site Supporter
Bike
st 1300
STOC #
Yeah Aerostitch was my first choice but now with the falling Canadian dollar would add an extra 25-30% in top of the $650 for the pants. Yes I know your going to pay for good quality and I was willing to stretch the budget to the$ 650 but not $800. A lot of the pants have the Gortex liner and I'm not to sure about that at all. If that's the case I might as well buy a mid priced pant and put my Foggy Togg rain pants over top.
Lyle
Derien pants are $357 USD

Top Bottom